Why do people put enormous bass in their cars?

I use to be: I'll take a little bit of music with my subs.

Now I'm: I'll take a bit of bass with my music.

My tastes in music have totally changed and with that my equipment needs changed.

To the guys with the big setups, what do you listen to?

Lets get a x3... I am visiting the parents and I might have just awoke the pops...

*anything front Hank, to Wayne...

I get the weird eye pulling up on wheels that come up to their hood listening to some "a country boy can survive" haha

Tag_Team.JPG

Good question actually, I have a big system and I guess the only reason I do it is because I make a **** ton of money and its fun. I dont even drive the truck unless I am heading to a show.

1. I like to do it

2. Friends like to hear it

3. Because it gets the ladies

4. Show Off

5. More people ride with you

6. Because you wanna outbeat the emo chick listening to her emo music at a stoplight.

1. To grab attention, not to annoy people, but its respect to other car audio enthusiats..Also i live in louisiana = tons of black people (no racists) and im white..so its always funny as hell when i roll up to some black guys in a big suv on 26s with no sound blaring highs and completely drown them out with bass, they just sit there like "****"

(and to people who are prob gonna be like "OMG UR GONNA GET JACKED AND SHOT" ..U MAD?) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

2. I love the sound of hard pounding bass, usually once or twice a week if i dont drive alot ill just go outside and sit in my truck listening to crazy bass. Im addicted to it right now becuz i love rap.

3. Its a hobby and an obsession/addiction. Id rather this hobby than my old hobby which costed me thousands after thousands and just end up having a blown engine to fix.

I like rap and bass just makes the experience better, so why not. I enjoy it without bass but with bass its awsome. But i will admit, I had to drive 30 mins to school and after the first few days/weeks i never listened full tilt unless my friends rode with me..Id just have it about half way so i could actually hear the music,, and occasionally crank it.

I honestly don't see the point UNLESS you are competing. What music are you guys listening to? That probably has the biggest thing to do with it.

I honestly don't see the point UNLESS you are competing. What music are you guys listening to? That probably has the biggest thing to do with it.
That is what I was wondering. I doubt the big bass players are listening to the Eagles lol.

rap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
x2...I can listen and enjoy ANY type of music but i prefer rap the most..and bass has to do with that too..without bass rap just isnt the same. If i was mad into rock i would prob only have 1 8" or 10" but thats just boring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.