Can't figure out how to put a kill switch on my amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

flytyer75

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Rockford Fosgate amp with a 8AWG wire from the amp to the battery, with a 50A inline fuse. I want to put a kill switch in and am having trouble gathering information. My thought is to buy a 50A toggle switch and install it. I am not sure if this is the right way to do it. I am also not sure if I put this switch in where it should be placed.. e.g. close to the battery, before or after the fuse. It seems like such a simple thing but the 8AWG wire and 50A seem to push me out of inline rocker switches. Any advice will help. Thanks

I always planned on installing switches in the remote to the amps to shut them down when I want to. Admittedly I’ve never gotten around to it.

An example why I would use it. One, to shut the bass off quickly if needed, some head units can be slow at this or it’s in the menu.

Two, when I’m testing subwoofers / sub amps and still want to test using music. Sometimes I just don’t want the mids / highs screaming, I just want the bass while doing this.

No idea the OP’s reasoning for it, but that is why I wanted to.

I have tons of spare switches/ wiring. I still plan on doing this, but likely never will? 😆

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...