why are my subs still so tight?

that kinda pisses me off because requiring more power means more expensive stuff!
Yes, but thats how they trick you out of money! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

alright so i have two ten inch sonic soundlab transonic subs. rated to 700-900 rms each, there running off a hifonics brutus 2100rms amplifier running at 1 ohm.i bought these subs back in february and have been using them daily sence.

there in a obcon box, dual chamber single port. tuned to aproximatly 34hz, with 1.42 cubes each chamber

just curious as to why there still so tight! after two months of playing my pioneer tens they were like a prostitues clam. you breathed on them and they would bottom out.

it takes aproximatly 20lbs to even make them move at all and im curious as to why they are still like that? they were bairly tighter when i first got them from the company.

any help would help!
The spiders aren't going to loosen up much unless you push them towards their design limits. If the subs aren't moving alot then simply put they won't loosen up much.

A larger enclosure would increase the movement of the drivers, or you could free-air break them in for a while, or if it sounds good just don't worry about it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Because now the cool thing to do with subs now is to make a REALLY tight suspension and a tough coil, and run a shitload of power to them. Yet still moving them the same amount as you would a cheap sub with a soft suspension with 1/4 the power.

Cool, right?
Hoffman's Iron Law. Low freq extension, high efficiency, small box... pick two. So to make the enclosure requirements smaller, yet maintain the same low frequency output ability, the sub must be less efficient. Since watts have become so cheap, and cars get smaller every day, its a natural progression.

I never complain about tight.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/sneaky.gif.7189749b3a3f769e8815b47e8ae87f88.gif

Lol, if it sounds good and meets what you like its all good. Heck add more power..

i like waffles is correct reason being though power is soo cheap and manufactures are skarrrr d there subs are gonna get blown. if a sub is rated at 600rms everyone dumps 1200+ then says why did i burn the coil/leads.

eff is key with custom subs but with a line/series it is not cause ya want the 16yr old with a 5k pyramid amp to be happy...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.