Why all the hate for AudioPipe/ VVme?

Its all good guys, there is NO need to apologize for anything. We are all passionate about this thing we enjoy called car audio. No ONE guy knows everything so this forum is a great place to learn from others and their opinions, thats what this thread was intended to do, educate anyone who searched audiopipe or vvme. In the begining we had just that, several educated opinions from respected people. Its easy to understand that when confronted with someone calling bullsh*t, tempers will flair. I too have my own opinions, favorites and temper and Im sure at some point they will all be revealed. Sometime I may offend others and Im ok with that as the rest of us should be. We cant win them all. Im sure noone here really gives 2 sh*ts about my thoughts on this thread so I will stop here and just say, No one here need apologize. Good day folks.

1 bash...just 1; that guy with those 4 12's in that "custom" box.......

My OA15 (which incidentally runs on an Audiopipe ASPM-1500) has as much port area as that box does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

ANYWAYS. Back to the point; I run an ASPM-1500 and I couldn't be more than happy with it. Its been pushing my OA15 for a little over a year and subs still got a golden coil, its definitely a clean signal, AND I have it running off 12v electrical off an 80Amp alt and a walmart everstart battery. Yes, I do run the amp @ 2 ohms, but thats not the point here. Its a good amp for the money no doubt but...

This issue is more on what you GET for the money. Yea, you could get a Tata motors cars (indian make) for 10 grand, and yea it'll work...but I would be CONSIDERABLY more comfortable spending 2.5x and getting a Honda that I KNOW will work

People on here are used to spending $300-$600 on subs (average), so why would they cheap out on amps? Amps are RIGHT up there with subs in terms of importance in a system....so why would you cheap out on that? To that dude saying he's ran W7's, and other crap, assuming you bought those W7's new, thats $1500 on subs! But you're not willing to spend even HALF or even a QUARTER of that on a decent amp?

I'm perfectly happy with my Audiopipe 1500. It does everything I need it to, and (i know people who would hate this) that combo of an OA15 and ASPM1500, is one of the cleanest sounding systems I've heard since I got the system.

Plain and simple, some people are enthusiasts here. They want the best bar none. I like systems, I wouldn't call my self an enthusiast, so I just want what gets the job done decently. And I've found a great combo (in my opinion) that gets the job done FOR ME

Talk about computers though, and You'll NEVER see me run AMD on computer that I build, NOT because they don't do the job (in all honestly, a decent quad core AMD could be sufficent enough for my needs), but simply because Intel makes a superior product. I'm an enthusiast in this regard and I will pay (and HAVE payed) the premium for an Intel processor.

Done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

AP puts out a clipped signal. It's been proven

No matter how good it is for the money, it still puts out a clipped signal. I had an APSM 1500 and it was meh. I'd save up a bit more and get the onx1500

AP puts out a clipped signal. It's been proven
No matter how good it is for the money, it still puts out a clipped signal. I had an APSM 1500 and it was meh. I'd save up a bit more and get the onx1500
It probably puts out a clipped signal at 1 ohm. If you wire that amp at 2 ohms like I do.....well the proof is right in front of your face...over a YEAR of constant bumping no problems..

I bought the amp for future proofing incase I do decide to go 1 ohm. Stop making this what it isn't, OP was asking WHY the hate on cheap amps, and I gave a **** good response in light of all the bitching.

I'm not going to argue with anybody about anything. I said what I said, its correct, move on. I have real world experience, so everything I said is from a YEAR of bumping hard.

I bought the amp for future proofing incase I do decide to go 1 ohm. Stop making this what it isn't, OP was asking WHY the hate on cheap amps, and I gave a **** good response in light of all the bitching.
I'm not going to argue with anybody about anything. I said what I said, its correct, move on. I have real world experience, so everything I said is from a YEAR of bumping hard.
Hey I just asked how much you paid for a 2ohm amp.

It's not that bad of a price for a 2 ohm 750w amp either. My friend is dropping down from 2 subs on 1500w at 1 ohm to 1 sub on 750w at 2. It should be a lot easier on the electrical and cut back a lot on the clipping

It probably puts out a clipped signal at 1 ohm. If you wire that amp at 2 ohms like I do.....well the proof is right in front of your face...over a YEAR of constant bumping no problems..
Minor clipping may not hurt your equipment, but thats not saying the amp isn't clipping

With all that equipment in your sig, you're very well aware how much an ASPM-1500 costs. I saw your agenda man.
If not, then **** $120
So you are well aware you could of gotten a much better 2 ohm amp for what you paid. And actually I dont know how much they cost cause I dont care

It's not that bad of a price for a 2 ohm 750w amp either. My friend is dropping down from 2 subs on 1500w at 1 ohm to 1 sub on 750w at 2. It should be a lot easier on the electrical and cut back a lot on the clipping
Since it is not a 750 watt amp its not a good price

I called a guy out for being rude to another who offered advice. He acted like he was out of pocket, like he was insulted because he knew way more than the poster. The advice was entirely sound but the issue was over the use of a technical term. He then proceeded to tell me I should be ashamed of my system and pick it apart. I got ****** in and dragged down to his level, at that point I then became truly ashamed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.