Why all the hate for AudioPipe/ VVme?

Lowlacs
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Knowing full well the bashing Im liable to take after this post, I will write on....

Recently I read about a mystery sub on eb*y. Unfortunatly I did not get the headsup untill they had inflated their sub prices. I did however see that they offered two diff 1500 watt rms amps for less than 100bucks.

For this I had to see for myself so I ordered the "mini" Qa-1500 for 85busck shipped. Upon its arrival I disconnected my vfl and wired the lil guy up. "Holy sh*t I must be high" this freakin thing is bangin hard as my ab amp? So after about an hr on floggin the sh*t outta the amp I returned to my puter and ordered the INNO-1500 for 99.00 shipped and another mini1500.

Sure they are hungry but if fed properly they make good power. The INNO version is stronger than the minis but I was happy with all 3. I have since sold off both of the minis but I refuse to sell the INNO due to the bang for buck shock value.

I clamped the Qa-1500 in a buddies car after I installed it the otherday. He is wired at 1ohm nominal. We pulled 915 rms with rise to 2.3ohm. Now I donot have pics to prove and Im sure someone will call Bullsh*t, but its true. I know its a "1500" watt amp but after rise I was impressed.

All this being said I will not be replacing my american bass products with vvme or audiopie for perminant use, this was all just experiment "show me" kinda thing, and they did. Eitherway, this has been my experience and I just had to share.

So here now, Let the bashing begin......

Last edited by a moderator:
They aren't reliable (often go up in smoke) and also have a high amount of distortion. And as you said, they aren't very efficient. The fan is also loud and annoying

They're good for a low budget, but as always, you get what you pay for.

I'm NOT a h8er of their products, but I refuse to recommend them to newbs on a budget because it's not a good idea to throw one of those amps in a vehicle with insufficient electrical, and the $$$ you would spend on having what you need to run one of those amps effectively could be better spent on a more efficient and reliable amp... Bottom line: If you KNOW WTF you are doing and have a good foundation for it: It's a good bang for your buck... However most ppl who know wtf they are doing and have good electrical wouldn't waste their time on a cheap amp ;-)

i have no problem with any of the products out on the market. i have a problem with the people who praise those products like vvme as being equal to a Sundown, RF, etc... type of product for half the money. when those companies claim X,XXX watts RMS on a 500 watt RMS amp, some clown on a car audio forum post a thread about how they bought a $20 amp that puts up the same power as a ABC brand XYZ line. than a few other no nothing noobs post they were suckered into buying that amp too and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. or they put XXX brand woofer they found on eBay for $5 and it takes a Sundown 3500 at .5Ω like a champ but when someone else puts that same sub on a RF 500 watt amp and blows it on daily listening. the nut-hugging on those products is just ridiculous. I understand the RF, JL, SA, and Kicker nut-hugging but those are well earned over the years and are tried and true.

i have no problem with any of the products out on the market. i have a problem with the people who praise those products like vvme as being equal to a Sundown, RF, etc... type of product for half the money. when those companies claim X,XXX watts RMS on a 500 watt RMS amp, some clown on a car audio forum post a thread about how they bought a $20 amp that puts up the same power as a ABC brand XYZ line. than a few other no nothing noobs post they were suckered into buying that amp too and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. or they put XXX brand woofer they found on eBay for $5 and it takes a Sundown 3500 at .5Ω like a champ but when someone else puts that same sub on a RF 500 watt amp and blows it on daily listening. the nut-hugging on those products is just ridiculous. I understand the RF, JL, SA, and Kicker nut-hugging but those are well earned over the years and are tried and true.
I still don't understand JL and Kicker nuthugging

I still don't understand JL and Kicker nuthugging
they are tried and true. people hate on them b/c they charge a premium price. if comparing apples to apples they made great products. look at all the companies out there, once they start making a name for themselves they start increasing there prices across the board. no one can say that they would not do the same thing, they just hate b/c they can't.

Well there it is folks. All things to consider from 3 diff respected forum users when looking at the Lower end/budget amplifiers. All have very valid points and none are known to steer anyone wrong. I was in no way recommending or pushin these amps on anyone, I simply stated my experience for all to see. Personally I am hooked on American Bass's Nutsak for now. I once was a kicker man too, till they sold at walmart!

Within one hr we have a well rounded discussion of praise, hate and bloody lips, for this I thank you guys for chiming in. I will now hobble off to my first aid cabinet......

they are tried and true. people hate on them b/c they charge a premium price. if comparing apples to apples they made great products. look at all the companies out there, once they start making a name for themselves they start increasing there prices across the board. no one can say that they would not do the same thing, they just hate b/c they can't.
I'd say that's true for JL but not so much for Kicker. I think they've gone to the dark side and are more concerned about marketing "looking cool" than SQ and SPL.

And this is coming from someone who used to run Kicker equipment

from my exp with AP, the ones is used have NEVER blown/smoked, NEVER really got hotter then most amps normally do, the fan was alittle annoying but i dealt with it. and my friends been running his @ .5 daily for a while now, with stock 90amp alt, 1 run of 1/0, and 1 deka in back and one small stock batt under the hood, and has not blown

so for now i like AP....

from my exp with AP, the ones is used have NEVER blown/smoked, NEVER really got hotter then most amps normally do, the fan was alittle annoying but i dealt with it. and my friends been running his @ .5 daily for a while now, with stock 90amp alt, 1 run of 1/0, and 1 deka in back and one small stock batt under the hood, and has not blown

so for now i like AP....
My friend also has had good luck with his. I just find the fan annoying mostly because the amp is right behind you in his car. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue in a SUV/trunk car

People hate them because everyone can afford them so they must be garbage

...lol people are so ignorant these days..not even funny

I run currently 2 12 w7s on my ap3000d at 6 ohms and I'm getting a minimum of 700 watts per sun at SIX OHMS tell me what other amp could POSSIBLY do that (that's before rise!!!)

Now better yet tell me one that cost less than 800 new lol...oh wait audio pipe that's right.

I've owned eye candy subs I LOVE THEM!! In fact I have owned everything from 15 inch hcca jbl gti 15s, t1s, w7s list goes on forever even had a guy my uncle works with which had 2 Sundays sa12s.

EVERYONE still after hearing all my other set ups still goes back to my audio pipe set up these are people that don't know about brands much don't know much about anything except how it sounds and they all constantly go back to saying they LOVED my audio pipe the sq and output of them they all claim was their favorite this was almost 2 years ago I got rid of them now...still I'm always hearing how much they loved them..in fact my cousin wants nothing to do with anything but audio pipe eye candy my girlfriend the same (going solely on what they have heard with their own ears nothing else)

Their products are CEA certified and its a proven fact time after time of the capabilities of AP yet ppl still bash and diss them all because they have a true 3000 watt RMS amp and yes they constantly get clamped at doing the nasty and proving the point of what they can do yet pwoe will still argue the factsm..talk about IGNORANT HATERS

My 3000d blows my t2000 out of the water in sq and easily puts out more power and they can take abuse this is an amp rating no lower than 2 ohms and its a fact many people on the correct electricl have drop it to .5 ohms no problem they are not efficient but if u give them the power they can do work! And that is just not arguable do the research and quit hating because Joe shmo can actually afford it.

110430_153322.jpg

My old set up that I received far more praise on than any system I have put in since...2 12 inch I pipes on 2 1500ds

I sold this set up to a buddy who I kid u not found a guy so impressed by the system he traded it for a perfectly fine RUNNING s10...I am not even joking how many people have been able to get a decent RUNNING vehicle off a couple of subs and amps???? They must be impressing that's all I can say bash away

My friend also has had good luck with his. I just find the fan annoying mostly because the amp is right behind you in his car. I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue in a SUV/trunk car
yea im in a suv, so its farther back. it its sort of loud but not bad. i can deal with it for its performance at such a cheap price.

People hate them because everyone can afford them so they must be garbage...lol people are so ignorant these days..not even funny

I run currently 2 12 w7s on my ap3000d at 6 ohms and I'm getting a minimum of 700 watts per sun at SIX OHMS tell me what other amp could POSSIBLY do that (that's before rise!!!)

Now better yet tell me one that cost less than 800 new lol...oh wait audio pipe that's right.

I've owned eye candy subs I LOVE THEM!! In fact I have owned everything from 15 inch hcca jbl gti 15s, t1s, w7s list goes on forever even had a guy my uncle works with which had 2 Sundays sa12s.

EVERYONE still after hearing all my other set ups still goes back to my audio pipe set up these are people that don't know about brands much don't know much about anything except how it sounds and they all constantly go back to saying they LOVED my audio pipe the sq and output of them they all claim was their favorite this was almost 2 years ago I got rid of them now...still I'm always hearing how much they loved them..in fact my cousin wants nothing to do with anything but audio pipe eye candy my girlfriend the same (going solely on what they have heard with their own ears nothing else)

Their products are CEA certified and its a proven fact time after time of the capabilities of AP yet ppl still bash and diss them all because they have a true 3000 watt RMS amp and yes they constantly get clamped at doing the nasty and proving the point of what they can do yet pwoe will still argue the factsm..talk about IGNORANT HATERS

My 3000d blows my t2000 out of the water in sq and easily puts out more power and they can take abuse this is an amp rating no lower than 2 ohms and its a fact many people on the correct electricl have drop it to .5 ohms no problem they are not efficient but if u give them the power they can do work! And that is just not arguable do the research and quit hating because Joe shmo can actually afford it.

110430_153322.jpg

My old set up that I received far more praise on than any system I have put in since...2 12 inch I pipes on 2 1500ds
I really hope you're kidding right now

All that hot air from someone running a pre-fab enclosure - GTFO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif No wonder why no one liked any of the other subs you tried //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lowlacs

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Lowlacs
Live Oak Fl. 32060
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date