Why all the hate for AudioPipe/ VVme?

Holy Sh*t guys, so much for a respectful discussion about cheap/budget amps and ur opinions. Im almost sorry I started this thread, I def did not intent on all of this childish name callin. Almost embarrassin guys, Just sayin.

I'm not doubting your clamp results, however very reputable people have also clamped AP amps, and they do a little over 1/2 rated with a somewhat "clean" signal. Waveform was horrible looking even at the 850 watts that were clamped on the 1500.

run along now... go back to watching your gay vids & gay ****, I'm done with this thread - Sorry OP - This douche CLEARLY had a pre-fab box, I called him out on it & he got butt-hurt about it trying to weave a web of lies rather than just admitting it or keeping his mouth fkn shut... I didn't mean to turn your thread into a bunch of visual diarrhea, but sometimes shyt happens //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'm not doubting your clamp results, however very reputable people have also clamped AP amps, and they do a little over 1/2 rated with a somewhat "clean" signal. Waveform was horrible looking even at the 850 watts that were clamped on the 1500.
Yes I forgot to mention I dont have a scope or smd distortion detecter for gain adjustments, also this was a fourth order enclosure so there may very well have been clipped signal during my clamp test as it was only tuned by ear. Again this is only my experience and was not intended to start a "mines bigger" war.

They aren't reliable (often go up in smoke) and also have a high amount of distortion. And as you said, they aren't very efficient. The fan is also loud and annoying
They're good for a low budget, but as always, you get what you pay for.
I can never stress this enough to people!!

Holy Sh*t guys, so much for a respectful discussion about cheap/budget amps and ur opinions. Im almost sorry I started this thread, I def did not intent on all of this childish name callin. Almost embarrassin guys, Just sayin.
Its IMPOSSIBLE on this site dude I can't figure out what it is something about the audio HOBBY just brings the most immature people

Its sad that in your opening post you already knew people were going to flame...

You can't even say a 30 dollar Walmart dual is good for ANY application without everyone immediately bashig you and downing your product because you didn't spend over 300 bucks on it or because of the sheer fact its at Walmart and saying Xfl sundown skar...blah blah (all great products of course) but that doesn't mean everything else is crap most of all these companies are ties into a couple of larger companies and use the same basic way of making them and equipment and so on

Can't tell you how many times someone has bashed one amp hard and said another one was the shi* and hating on someone for owning it but they had the exact same boards in them!! Its just stupid its son hard to even enjoy this HOBBY anymore...

You can't even have a simple discussion or ask a question because your dumb if you just don't know EVERYTHING lol they bash you and don't even answer the questions.. People should be happy to help happy to discuss different set ups and just enjoy it...probably one of the least fun hobbies I can think of SOLEY because of the people that represent it...

Its IMPOSSIBLE on this site dude I can't figure out what it is something about the audio HOBBY just brings the most immature people
Its sad that in your opening post you already knew people were going to flame...

You can't even say a 30 dollar Walmart dual is good for ANY application without everyone immediately bashig you and downing your product because you didn't spend over 300 bucks on it or because of the sheer fact its at Walmart and saying Xfl sundown skar...blah blah (all great products of course) but that doesn't mean everything else is crap most of all these companies are ties into a couple of larger companies and use the same basic way of making them and equipment and so on

Can't tell you how many times someone has bashed one amp hard and said another one was the shi* and hating on someone for owning it but they had the exact same boards in them!! Its just stupid its son hard to even enjoy this HOBBY anymore...

You can't even have a simple discussion or ask a question because your dumb if you just don't know EVERYTHING lol they bash you and don't even answer the questions.. People should be happy to help happy to discuss different set ups and just enjoy it...probably one of the least fun hobbies I can think of SOLEY because of the people that represent it...
You're missing the point. That stuff IS crap. There's plenty of cheap equipment that works well, but your $30 Walmart dual or rainbow Audiopipes are not an example of that.

You're missing the point. That stuff IS crap. There's plenty of cheap equipment that works well, but your $30 Walmart dual or rainbow Audiopipes are not an example of that.
No man you straight up made my point pat yourself on the back for being ah screw it your obviously a moron

I know plenty of people that would be more than happy with a cheap *** Walmart set up..lol

Bet you have never owner either your just blowing chunks your that type of person people get dumber just listening to....

I'm done wasting my time

No man you straight up made my point pat yourself on the back for being ah screw it your obviously a moron
I know plenty of people that would be more than happy with a cheap *** Walmart set up..lol

Bet you have never owner either your just blowing chunks your that type of person people get dumber just listening to....

I'm done wasting my time
I have friends who run both AudioPipe and walmart junk. My best friend who I often ride with even has an audiopipe amp on a dual head unit from walmart. Wow! But I don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh and since you won't believe me, here's a picture of the AudioPipe. Solid amp by the way, just a lot of distortion. By the way, that's also a REAL custom box my friend built.

attachment.php

Unfortunately this is typical and the only forum that I've been on that this happens. There are a lot of very knowledgeable guys on here and there are great deals on equipment if you can be patient. If you say something that's not on the up and up you will be called on the carpet for it, you can't be thin skinned.

well this thread went south....... like i said im not saying AP is the sh1t because its not even close. but if your on a low budget it will get the job done. its not going to be the same for each person that uses AP. i for one have used and had exp with the amps. the are not efficient at all but, for the $120 or so price price tag, they will work, if all else fails.

distortion causes heat and heat = loss of power in real world applications where you have prolonged high volume bass abuse. I dont think that factor is taken into consideration in CEA rms tests. So comparing the distortion from the audiopipe aqx3500 vs a soundqubed/audioque 2200.1d, sundown saz 2000, crescendo bass cleff 2000, which amp suffers more from it? which amp would be louder period. Also, for long can they stay loud under heavy loads of stress?

PS: Thread jack!, bonus comming up and I'm looking to buy an efficient and decently priced amp around 2000-2500 rms mwuahahaha. Most importantly has to make the bass sound the loudest! Because i tried a 750rms jl audio amp and it was louder than my 1600rms hifonics but i'll never spit out that much money for it because it wasn't louder by too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again... I apologize for contributing to the demise of this thread... = des343 posted a pic of AP 12's in a pre-fab box praising to the high heavens... All I did was point out that in a pre-fab enclosure; you never know wtf you gonna wind up with so no wonder no one liked his other afore mentioned subs! This had absolutely nothing to do with a "mines bigger" war or anything remotely along those lines... Bottom line was I called out his B/S, He LIED about it and resorted to name calling...

Ya the one set up was in my intrepid the other set up was my 4 t1s in my mini van when I had it hahaha man what a tool you are
One set up was my intrepid the other was my mini van when I had it (4 t1s) troll grow up
Lol coming from the loser who has a hcca 2400 on running 400 watts lol man bro are u butt hurt?
So YES, This is where it took a turn for the worse as I didn't take kindly to his childish remarks, so I dished it right back to him. MY BAD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.