Why all the hate for AudioPipe/ VVme?

Well, maybe everything YOU buy costs $100 or less to build but, don't try to group everyone into that Audiopoop cesspool.
everything may cost around a 100 for parts to build but alot of the mark up also comes from labor!!! gotta pay paychecks!!!!

15 pages huh...... lol these threads are always funny. im not on the "audiopipe bandwagon", but was looking at buying a couple of the mini 2ks. i have my own reasons, my baby girl & wife comes first so even tho my wife doesnt care if buy stuff im choosing not to sink a bunch of money into my system, im working on a single 18" budget daily/comp system and TRYING to get a 150 out of it.

15 pages huh...... lol these threads are always funny. im not on the "audiopipe bandwagon", but was looking at buying a couple of the mini 2ks. i have my own reasons, my baby girl & wife comes first so even tho my wife doesnt care if buy stuff im choosing not to sink a bunch of money into my system, im working on a single 18" budget daily/comp system and TRYING to get a 150 out of it.
Exactly! I used to spend quite a bit on audio and other crap. Now other things have to come first. I see nothing wrong with running an AP or a Shark or whatever cheap POS someone wants. In the end it's their money, their car and their ears that have to listen to it. Now me, I'll go in the classifieds or Craigslist and find a decent used amp before getting an AP or Shark but to the people that do, knock yourself out. It's kind of like people that spend 2k on a 55" LED that's got built in wifi and all that good happy crappy. My 55" is an Insignia I got from Best Buy for 700 bucks on sale. Sure the 2k one is nicer but there's no way in Hell I'm dropping 2k on a TV. To the people that do drop 500 bucks or more on an amp or 2000 or more on a TV I'm sure they're happy and are more out for quality than anything else. That's super as well. Whatever someone wants to do with their money, is their business.

Exactly! I used to spend quite a bit on audio and other crap. Now other things have to come first. I see nothing wrong with running an AP or a Shark or whatever cheap POS someone wants. In the end it's their money, their car and their ears that have to listen to it. Now me, I'll go in the classifieds or Craigslist and find a decent used amp before getting an AP or Shark but to the people that do, knock yourself out. It's kind of like people that spend 2k on a 55" LED that's got built in wifi and all that good happy crappy. My 55" is an Insignia I got from Best Buy for 700 bucks on sale. Sure the 2k one is nicer but there's no way in Hell I'm dropping 2k on a TV. To the people that do drop 500 bucks or more on an amp or 2000 or more on a TV I'm sure they're happy and are more out for quality than anything else. That's super as well. Whatever someone wants to do with their money, is their business.
this is the way i see. it just gets me when people bash/flame if the they see the word "audiopipe". with me i know what im getting/i get what i pay for/ etc. no need to come in ans remind them. like you said its not the peoples money. and honestly if you know how to take care of stuff you can make cheap sh1t last a long time IMO. before i got better amps i used to run alot of power acoustik amps(mainly Bamf5500s).. i have never blown one and i like them myself. there good if you need a quik 1800-2000rms @ 1 ohm.

everything may cost around a 100 for parts to build but alot of the mark up also comes from labor!!! gotta pay paychecks!!!!
true BUT then again most of all these products these days idc what your buying is made over seas why... because labor is practically free so honestly there goes that one

this is the way i see. it just gets me when people bash/flame if the they see the word "audiopipe". with me i know what im getting/i get what i pay for/ etc. no need to come in ans remind them. like you said its not the peoples money. and honestly if you know how to take care of stuff you can make cheap sh1t last a long time IMO. before i got better amps i used to run alot of power acoustik amps(mainly Bamf5500s).. i have never blown one and i like them myself. there good if you need a quik 1800-2000rms @ 1 ohm.
I love the "I got loud for $648" in your sig! Lol! Surprised I never noticed that before... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I love the "I got loud for $648" in your sig! Lol! Surprised I never noticed that before... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
lol i hasnt been there that long. i was sitting at work and thought about how much my loudest system costs and it came out to that price so i put it there lol

Throw away your TV and you'll probably have enough money next year to buy a good brand amplifier.

Comparing a good amplifier and a TV is really apples to oranges anyway. Even the best TV will be obsolete in a few years, while a good amp will hold much of it's resale value and be useable for 10-20 years.

Throw away your TV and you'll probably have enough money next year to buy a good brand amplifier.
Comparing a good amplifier and a TV is really apples to oranges anyway. Even the best TV will be obsolete in a few years, while a good amp will hold much of it's resale value and be useable for 10-20 years.
Yeah I see your point. Money really isn't my problem though. I just don't want to spend over a few hundred bucks on an amplifier. You're an SPL guy. And I respect that. I'll never be as into car audio as much as you and others are. Just isn't that big of a deal to me, not to mention at this point in my life I can't devote that much time to it. But I come on here to shoot the shit and look at people's builds. Just something I enjoy...

Yeah I see your point. Money really isn't my problem though. I just don't want to spend over a few hundred bucks on an amplifier. You're an SPL guy. And I respect that. I'll never be as into car audio as much as you and others are. Just isn't that big of a deal to me, not to mention at this point in my life I can't devote that much time to it. But I come on here to shoot the shit and look at people's builds. Just something I enjoy...
im actually pretty into it SPL whise......but fcvk that im not spending the money lol. i got other priorities

im actually pretty into it SPL whise......but fcvk that im not spending the money lol. i got other priorities
Pay now or pay later I say. Audio equipment isn't something you can cheap out on (apart from buying used)

Again, my sentiments exactly! Car audio I have now is in my wife's 2003 Honda Odyssey. Alpine CDE-121, Some 6.5 Infinity Ref's in the doors, stock rears and couple Treo RSX 12's in the Treo box (Craigslist $130 bucks) and a RF P1000bd (Craigslist $150 bucks). Sounds good to me. I installed everything myself. So total I've got around 500 bucks in that system. Sure, I'd like to get louder and sound better. But is it important enough for me to drop a shitload more money on it? Nah...

Pay now or pay later I say. Audio equipment isn't something you can cheap out on (apart from buying used)
i understand that, but where shes growing and what not who knows when i would be able to actually buy "a good amp". the last good amp i had was a crescendo bc3500 and the only reason i got that was because i had something of value that i didnt want and it got sold right when i found the person selling the 3500 so i was able to get it. i make enough to if i really wanted to i could buy some good equipment i just dont want to drop the money.

also i mean to you its junk stuff, to me, if done right you can make cheap crap loud. 1 of my teammates runs 1 dc xl 18 on a apsm1500 @ .5 ohm daily on stock electrical and can do a 149.3 on music. to you that may not be loud, but to me, for stock electrical(and i mean a 90a alt, 1 run of 1/0), no extra batts(he's a moron for that i know) thats pretty loud for what it is.

our team prez use to run 2 dc xl 18s and 2 power acoustik bamf5500's both at 1 ohm gain matched and was doing 153.4. stock alt (90a as well) and a bank of 4 opti yellow tops. also for the amps to be so bad, i think 153 is pretty good, yes he could be louder, and he did changed and a ab500.1 and gained but for the price difference not enough for me.

but my point is im not trying to argue or nothing just stating my opinion towards cheap/budget/flea market amps. honestly ive seen sony xplode 12s do over 150, they caught fire after about 5sec but they did it none the less lol

in the end its just music that you cant really turn way up anyway caues you will get a ticket/disturb people, its like dropping 100k on a nice house set up and your never home

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.