Who makes the best products?

Y2A
10+ year member

OK, I just wanna know your opinions on this, who you guys think make the best headunits,speakers,subwoofers, and amplifiers? Just let us know what you think and why!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

btw, im tryin to decide between getting a Alpine or Eclipse head, which one do you guys suggest?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

A couple of friends of mine have had Problems w/ Alpine H/U's.

They look nice though.

I like Pioneer.. although some people will disagree w/ me.

I've never heard an Eclipse unit though.

I like pioneer hu. I think they are the best value. Also like JL amps. As for speakers I really dont know, haven't been exposed to them that much. I am loveing my pioneer primeir subs. I know theres a lot better stuff out there but again for the price

Originally posted by gellis4 A couple of friends of mine have had Problems w/ Alpine H/U's.

They look nice though.

I like Pioneer.. although some people will disagree w/ me.

I've never heard an Eclipse unit though.
id say alpines looks arent exactly what attracts me that much. pioneers "look" a lot fancier. but having problems with an alpine? hmmmmm bad install?? maybe your couple of friends are 1 in 1000 that get a bad Alpine HU. Usually Alpine is one of the best companies in its price range.

i love my ALPINE but you cant go wrong with pioneer either they are both good

i didnt care for my eclipse in they way of it didnt get station in as well as i thought it should have..

Are you talkin about the best as in HIGH end car audio or just for average joes like some of us? The best high end stuff would be Arc Audio, Mark Antony, and McIntosh as a couple of em for amplifiers.

Originally posted by Slaymon Are you talkin about the best as in HIGH end car audio or just for average joes like some of us? The best high end stuff would be Arc Audio, Mark Antony, and McIntosh as a couple of em for amplifiers.
for average joes like us:)

im not going to be entering any SPL contests so I just want the best setup for a daily driver, and occasionally turning the volume up to show off my stuff:D .

For head units, I would take Eclipse(I haven't heard a Nak or Denon yet). I have owned pioneer, kenwood and alpine before going to Eclipse. I think Eclipse makes a better sounding deck.

As to the post questioning problems with alpines, I have seen problems with newer alpine decks on the forums. Granted, alpine sells alot of decks, but the issues are there(weird noises at low volumes about a year ago, dying motorized faces, lack of bass, dead pre outs right from the box, horrible radio reception...that one has been mentioned in the past week on a few forums). Some of those problems were mentioned alot while others weren't mentioned as often, but none were mentioned just once.

My best friend has an alpine 7863(after having eclipse). His alpine died in a few months, got it replaced at CC, and that one has needed replacing for around a year. I did like my alpine very much, but sound quality wise, I think Eclipse makes a better sounding deck(and my Eclipses have all performed wonderfully). I think Eclipse and Alpine have different markets. Eclipse is all about sound quality, while Alpine has more features, flashier head units etc. Each has their market. I am concerned with getting the best sound I can so I go with Eclipse(again, I haven't heard a Nak or a Denon yet). When I hear a deck that sounds better to my ears than an Eclipse(and has the few features that I do require..and I can afford it), I will buy it.

If I wanted a ton of features in a deck, I would look at Clarion or Pioneer first probably.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.