who got some rockville amps

Saw this Rockville thread while looking for some other Rockville info and yes, this is my FIRST post, but have been a member for prob 6 months or so, but MAYBE I'm some clown with a warehouse full of Rockville stuff and I know its total junk but thought "Hey I'll post a whole bunch of BOGUS "Rockville is the best" comments and then unload my warehouse full of junk they made-BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE!! Nope, just a guy who bought a Rockville 4 channel amp (the one you usually see advertised around $100+/-) and the 6.5 components with the aluminum cones that sure look like those alum cone 6.5s that Cadence used to make and I'll say the amp, especially in a world now with just plain JUNK audio crap EVERYWHERE, where at least for a while maybe starting 10 or 15 years ago, so many low end makers and even a few mid range and higher companies got the awesome idea "Hey cut out some of that better quality stuff from inside the amps where no one sees it and spend it on stupid as hell, cheesy as a trailer park hit by a a tidal wave bright colored LEDs all over our stuff instead!! If its lights up and flashes and makes you look like some cheesebag loser who spends every cent they make and more on crap car audio gear, this junk we make will be flying off the shelves at WalMart, no maybe even Walmart's too good for that junk, flea markets, swap meets, etc," So for a while, certainly on the lower end, flashing LED's and other cheesebag garbage sure was everywhere and it looked like maybe the aftermarket car audio biz would shrink to 1/10 its old size!

Thank God it looks like we're pulling out of that stupid phase (and for all the morons out there, I'm SURE there will still be many no name China crap makers who'll galdly sell you junk amps, etc with LEDs sprinkled all over them, for a really low rent Kartrashian type look to your ride) but this Rockville amp is NOT one of them! Looked VERY well built unboxing, then saw the CEA power certificate right inside the box (does Douchebag Audio, maker of the LED MONSTER 50,000 watt mono sub amp (peak wattage, of course!!!) include one of those sheets in their box? Doubt it, but even the box has flashing LEDs!!! Only ONE LED on the Rockville, that's the status LED!

So far, 6 months or so in and everything still kicking A$$!!! I'm now SOLD on Rockville, but warning them too-first time I see useless LEDs all over something, FORGET IT!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

michaellane

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
michaellane
tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date