Newer ppi amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
That *****. I have the bk800 in my sons pathfinder and it's not a bad amp. Just hoping these were the same guys just in a different look. Thanks for the info.

That *****. I have the bk800 in my sons pathfinder and it's not a bad amp. Just hoping these were the same guys just in a different look. Thanks for the info.
I mean it shouldnt be horrible but quality has definitely been a downhill slope since the phantom series.

I don't know if this qualifies as 1. I haven't been in the game for a few yrs and 2. I only have three amps to compare right now too. I have the pp i1000.4 and p900.4. I'm running active with my mids and midbass off the 900.4 and tweets off CH 1 and 2 on the i1000.4 and 3 and 4 bridged to my gt5- 12 in a 1 cu ft sealed enclosure. The MD bass is a pioneer 1730 comp set with tweets and dash mids are sundown sa2.75. I'm not sure how much kick pioneers have or how they compare to others but they seem to have OK kick. Nothing to say they are awesome but not bad. I have them bp at about 70-400hz.

The one thing I have notice after some testing last night. With CH 3 and 4 bridged on the i1000.4 it is supposed to be 500 watts. Bass is somewhat lacking. Not what it should be i feel, but not bad. So I wired up my ollllddddd profile California 600 that does 600 watts bridged and plugged the sub to the profile. Holy ~[|×&!!!! The sub just woke up and started banging. Now I can't say how the comparison between the 2 is....apples to apples or apples to grenades. ...but the profile for bass just smashes the pp. Every where else I have no complaints

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have the 800.4 on some Polk 6.5 in the doors and the other two channels bridged to run a cheap kenwood sub. Head unit is a pioneer avh and I was fine with the performance that I was getting. It's a great system for what it cost but my son won't let me have it back so I was trying to rebuild the same system in my truck. I just hate that the style amp I had is not made anymore and didn't know if this new amp was as good. I really would like the 5 channel so I don't have to run two amps. I might have to go with the phantom series.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.