Which woud be louder?

well luckily i have my battery in my trunk, so a couple runs of 4 gauge for my current amp only cost me about 30, plus i probably got a good deal cause i go to a local shop that is actually legit and not one of those ones thats just out to make a quick buck, i only drop to 11.3 at the lowest, and that has only happened once, how low would it drop with the extra watts? i can see upgrading the battery(s) definitely but idk about an alternator, im not looking for 14 volts, just close to 12
You probably won't drop much lower than 11v since most head units will just power off down that low and possibly your car will stall as well. Very bad for your amps. I'd suggest a couple extra batteries to safely run 3KW 1 really ballsy one at least.

You probably won't drop much lower than 11v since most head units will just power off down that low and possibly your car will stall as well. Very bad for your amps. I'd suggest a couple extra batteries to safely run 3KW 1 really ballsy one at least.
How much crank power would a good enough battery have to have? Can i just run one battery for everything in my car, to run 3k daily, i wont have the bass all the way up all the time obviously, the battery i have now has 1000 crank power, is that good?

How much crank power would a good enough battery have to have? Can i just run one battery for everything in my car, to run 3k daily, i wont have the bass all the way up all the time obviously, the battery i have now has 1000 crank power, is that good?
Its not just the cranking power on the battery that matters. Its more important on its capacity and its recharge rate. 5 Series do have a nice large batt, but there is far better. I would make sure your Big 3 is done sufficiently, then just add another good, deep cycle batt, and run everything with 1/0 wire. You could maybe get away with one XS Power 3400, and replace your stock batt, but still, 3000 watts is no joke, especially if you are dropping that far on 2000. I remember when I was a noob, I actually used to drop into low 10s, which was very bad for my electrical and my amps. Your goal is to stay up in the 13s and 14s, no matter what you are running.

i need to do some serious thinking, im pretty sure that all of that is gonna cost a pretty penny, ive just spent so much on everything, so i think im gonna stay as i am for now. Im pretty sure if i wanted to run 3k instead of 1.3k actually not 2k, which is even worse, im gonna have to upgrade alternator, batteries, wire, etc. (capacitor?) so idk, i probably just need to hold off for a while. I wish i had a truck, it would be so much louder with it right behind me but oh well i love my car, thank you guys for answering all my questions and dealing with my ignorance of all this. Its easy to want something, but its not easy to make it so that you can do and have what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.