Which woud be louder?

Fi-brations
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Memphis, TN
Ok so i know this is a vague and short question, but what would be louder, 2 Fi Q 12s on 650watts each or 1 Fi Q 12 on 1300 watts? Same car, box would have to change, but in general could someone give me an idea.( If there is no way to tell with this amount of info let me know what else i can tell you) thank you

surface area > power

Given that you would have the same power in each case, 2 12's would be louder. Assuming that you maintain the same space (eg x cuft for 1 sub; 2x cuft for two subs)

2 will be if the install is done rite, gotta remb subs gotta breath to the cabin. have seen peep go from 1 too 2 and drop a lil cause they block air from traveling from the trunk to the cabin....

2 subs means more power compression and the bigger box could block air flow. There is no black and white answer, also I'd run 2 q's before 2 x's, hell I'd run 2 btl's same power before 2 x's. Power handling is not a determining factor on spl, the motor force makes up for the stiffer spiders.

2 subs means more power compression and the bigger box could block air flow. There is no black and white answer, also I'd run 2 q's before 2 x's, hell I'd run 2 btl's same power before 2 x's. Power handling is not a determining factor on spl, the motor force makes up for the stiffer spiders.
You would run 2 BTL's on 600 watts apiece? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I've ran an aq and a shocker sig on 400rms? DD has done testing with their 9500 vs the 1500 and the 9500 still beat the 1500 on 500rms
If their tier 3 woofer is more efficient than their tier 1 woofer on 500w, they should drop the tier 1 all together and produce more 9500s effectively reducing its cost.

is there any possible way to run 2 dvc 2ohm subs at 1ohm? this is where i f*d up, i was new, my dad said that i could do that, but apparently i cant? they sound fine, but im confused now as to what ohms im running them at, im guessing 2 ohms, so back to the question, is there any way? if not, i might try to sell my amp and get 2 amps that do 1000-1500 at 1ohm each, they would have to be pretty cheap though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

If their tier 3 woofer is more efficient than their tier 1 woofer on 500w, they should drop the tier 1 all together and produce more 9500s effectively reducing its cost.
every company is like that, power handling does NOT mean inefficiency. I don't know how that stupid rumor got started but it is wrong and always will be.

2ohms or .5ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.