Which Sub would you pick ?

Hey Guys,

Quick question. I just picked up a new box for my suv. It's built for 4-15's

it has 12 cu ft of net internal space, is tuned to 35 hz, and has 200 sq in of port area.

I have a Taramps HD-8000 for the amp. Upgraded alt and 2-XP2500 batts.

Mostly listen to rap,R&B Decaf,country once in a great while. Which subs would you pick out of the list and why for this box.

1. American Bass TNT1544

2. Soundqubed HDS315

3. SKAR AUDIO VVX-15V2

4.Dayton Audio UM15-22.

The Dayton sub has a (FS 19.5 HZ) is this good ? and most of the specs match the other subs.

This is for a daily system and I don't care about numbers.

Used to be involved in car audio back in the 90's Orion,Zapco, Soundstream.

Don't know a whole lot on the newer brands.

If these models **** please recommend me a sub that won't break the bank.

Thanks.

@miller83815; Do you know what subs the box was originally made for? Usually you make a box according to the subs you get, not the other way around. It might be difficult to find subs that work in your application just by guessing. You can't really expect to put random subs in there and make it sound good unless you know it matches with the specs that the subs calls for. Plus you have to buy 4 15's and what if you don't like the sound? Are you gonna go out and buy another 4? Again, ask the guy who sold you the box what subs were in it before..

So you say it has 12 cubes net with a tune of 35hz.. That only leaves you about 3 cubes per 15, which doesn't give you many options but it's not impossible. Might have to look into a sub that likes smaller spaces because that's pretty small for most 15's out there. The FU audio 750 that jeff suggested sounds like a good idea though.. and they are pretty cheap too. They are a new company but been nothing but good reviews on em. Or you can look into the Dayton HO 15's because they like small enclosures as well and are SQ oriented.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.