which sub should i get ???

ghost117
10+ year member

I am changing my sub....i have 2 options, which one is better??

JBL Power Series 12"

# Kevlar-impregnated paper cone with Hi-roll rubber surround

# Plus One cone design for more effective surface area

# power range: 50-400 RMS watts (200 watts per coil)

# 1600 watts peak power handling

# frequency response: 23-450 Hz

# sensitivity: 94 dB

# mounting depth: 6-13/16"

# sealed box volume: 1.00 cu. ft.

# ported box volume: 1.75 cu. ft.

OR

DD 1512 D2

Specifications

Voice Coil Diameter 2.0"

Magnet Weight 120 oz

Power Handling RMS/Peak 500/1800

Suspension 55 mm

Nominal Impedance 4.0 Ohm

DC Resistance 3.4 Ohm

Rec Box (cubic ft) 2.5

Port Area (sq in) 40

Port Length (inches) 19

Woofer Diameter 12"

Free Air Resonance 25 Hz

Qts 0.45

Qes 0.5

Qms 4.61

Vas 102.8L

Sensitivity 87 dB

these are the two options i have available..........any help will be appreciated

I think I'd go JBL. The Power Series is right under the MKii and it's an excellent SQL speaker. I guess if your goals are more SPL I'd go DD and if they're SQ I'd go JBL. Not to say the DD doesn't have sound quality but it's their entry level woofer and the JBL is pretty close to top of the line for them.

JBL has some good, inexpensive SQ equipment as well. Depends on your goals and how much power you're giving them
i have a boss chaos 2000 watts 4 channel amp......i am going to bridge 2 channel for the sub but will upgrade 2 a monoblock later which one will take more of a beating??

i have a boss chaos 2000 watts 4 channel amp......i am going to bridge 2 channel for the sub but will upgrade 2 a monoblock later which one will take more of a beating??
First off get rid of that amp. It puts out seriously distorted power and will tear up your subs. Don't start your build until you've got all the money together to do it right.

And the DDs will take more power, but at that price point there's a lot more options for you that may be better.

Op when it comes to car audio, there are "watts" and "boss watts"

Boss watts are normally around 1/4th the power they say. Any amp made by Boss puts out "boss watts" so you can go ahead and knock off 75% of the rated power.

Boss watts are normally around 1/4th the power they say. Any amp made by Boss puts out "boss watts" so you can go ahead and knock off 75% of the rated power.
I will change the amp but which speaker do you think is better???

What's funny is reading the glowing reviews that their stuff gets on Sonic, Amazon, etc. Even their subwoofers! It just tells me that the world is full of people that go cheap and expect little...

I was on a budget when I bought my 12" sub. I was looking for SQ with the ability to bump a little once in awhile. So far I'm pleased with my Infinity 1262W. Onlinecarstereo had it for $50 shipped. It tends to lean towards $100 elsewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.