Opinions on 4th gen alpine type r?

My current sub setup is two 12" kicker comps in a kicker ported box on a 250 watt rms amp. I've seen what I think is a very nice looking deal on craigslist that's making me want to upgrade. It's two 4th gen alpine type r 12's in a ported box with a 2500 watt fusion NV amp with wiring and a capacitor included for $250. First off I'm wondering if this is actually a good deal, and second I was looking for people's opinions on these subs. Also curious about the amp.

it'll be better than what you have right now, i wouldn't install the capacitor unless you have a good electrical system with upgraded alternator, 2nd battery and big 3 with 0 gauge all around. Its an okay buy if you just want a little bit more bass in your system but if you really really want to hit hard and outblast people, save your money because those older type rs wont do it for you.

But it'd be a good deal louder and better sq than my current subs and amp right? I'm not looking for an insane system because I'm kind of on a budget, but I'd like a system that's beyond entry level stuff.

But it'd be a good deal louder and better sq than my current subs and amp right? I'm not looking for an insane system because I'm kind of on a budget, but I'd like a system that's beyond entry level stuff.
It will be better when it works. I don't know much about that amp but if it does as it says you will need electrical support or the amp will protect from low voltage, possible burn the subs up.

it'll be better than what you have right now, i wouldn't install the capacitor unless you have a good electrical system with upgraded alternator, 2nd battery and big 3 with 0 gauge all around. Its an okay buy if you just want a little bit more bass in your system but if you really really want to hit hard and outblast people, save your money because those older type rs wont do it for you.
meh edit

I'd stay away from ported boxes on Craigslist unless its one that's been custom made by a good shop or someone that knows what they're doing. Otherwise it will sound like poop. And this is a decent deal but not that great. Amp and box are probably crap and the subs are decent at best, cap is junk

It will be better when it works. I don't know much about that amp but if it does as it says you will need electrical support or the amp will protect from low voltage, possible burn the subs up.
The supposed actual specs of the amp are:

825 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohms

1310 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohms

1790 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 1 Ohm

The subs are both d4 I'm pretty sure. I'm a noob but I think there's a way to wire them to 2 ohms. Would I still need some kind of electrical upgrade at that wattage?

The supposed actual specs of the amp are: 825 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohms

1310 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 2 Ohms

1790 Watts RMS x 1 Channel @ 1 Ohm

The subs are both d4 I'm pretty sure. I'm a noob but I think there's a way to wire them to 2 ohms. Would I still need some kind of electrical upgrade at that wattage?
The amp won't put out near those numbers and you can wire to either 1 or 4 ohms

Do not buy this system

you will be dissapointed

The Type Rs are the only decent items in that setup. That amp does not do rated power, or even close. Maybe you'll get 720 watts total out of it, but that will be inefficient power too so just to get that many watts may not be possible on stock electric.

Just stay away it will not impress you.

Do not buy this systemyou will be dissapointed

The Type Rs are the only decent items in that setup. That amp does not do rated power, or even close. Maybe you'll get 720 watts total out of it, but that will be inefficient power too so just to get that many watts may not be possible on stock electric.

Just stay away it will not impress you.
Yeah I'm starting to lean that way. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Save up your money spend time on the forums, try to come across some deals on legit audio equipment. Once u roll with legit equipment and a good custom sub box, then you will start becoming impressed.

Yeah if you really plan on upgrading, its either:

- Do your electricals(???$+) if you want to cheap out with an inefficient amp.

or - Get a good efficient amp(350~600$) that puts out true power without too much drain on your electrical

@IonRL205 lol. I'm bad at grammar and when i read my own grammatical errors i cant stand it.

Yeah if you really plan on upgrading, its either:- Do your electricals(???$+) if you want to cheap out with an inefficient amp.

or - Get a good efficient amp(350~600$) that puts out true power without too much drain on your electrical

@IonRL205 lol. I'm bad at grammar and when i read my own grammatical errors i cant stand it.
**** I have a lot to learn.

Electrical really depends on the size of the amp, not if it's cheap or not. Most cheap amps are inefficient, but at say the 1000w level you're not going to need too much electrical to back it, maybe an upgraded battery under the hood if your stock alt is small.

Also do the big 3 no matter the size of your install.

Before you decide on something, I advise you to go to a show and listen around and see what you like. It'll help you get started and not get something too big/small for your tastes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.