Which sub option to go with....

golffanatic
10+ year member

Chicago
I currently have a 12" RE Sx on a audioque 1200d.... looking to pick up a 12" fi Q... i haven't been in car audio so im a lil rusty..... would i be gaining ne thing in switching to the q.... i was also looking at audioque hd315 with the same amp.... and what is a good box spec for the hd315 to keep it happy.... would it be around 3 - 3.5 tuned to around 35hz?

I would ditch either of them and get a SI Mag v3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
well someone did a direct swap with the Mag v3 and the sx and the Mag got louder and handled the power just as good, however they do say the q gets a little louder(only on the mic by a fraction of a db) than the Mag, so the q could possibly get louder than the sx but you won't hear a difference with your ear. So i don't think it's worth the swap unless you're competing and need the extra fraction of a db. It's hard to just swap subs and hear a difference without changing box size or upping the power. On the meter every fraction of a db counts, to the ear it takes a lot more to hear or feel the difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.