Which size XS battery do I need?

I gave him an answer that said anything he had put up there would work fine with the Optima for what he wanted to do.

Also gave him what I would do like so many of you have done in the past. Facts are I dealt with that company and they are not the battery they used to be. Seen every model of their battery cut in half. Nothing impressive like they make it out to be. Try looking up exactly how many battery companies there are worldwide you might be surprised there is only 3 main companies that make 90 some percent of the worlds batteries under thousands of different so called brands. I've seen the factories in the US and worked selling that stuff for a long time so yeah when I see a battery like that being run especially in a car audio system like his sometimes it is best to just upgrade the one component i.e the front battery then still run it and run a 2nd. XS Power makes batteries that would work in the front like he wants to and only have to run one battery instead of running a bunch of extra wire as well.

Sorry I don't like seeing someone run a battery that like that. They claim to be all that and then some and they aren't. Most barely last 1.5-2 years. They were good batteries when they 1st came out since then junk. Not the only person who has said that around here.

wow looks like an exact replacement. nice! So right now my selections are between
1. XS Power D3400
2. XS Power D4800

The XS Power D4800 is cheaper so im not sure exactly why. which one should I choose out of the two?

I recommended the D2400 because you said you wanted one the size of your current HC1800. They are both group 24s.

The D3400 and D4800 are not.

The D3400 is a group 34. 80AH. Reserve capacity of 160.
The D4800 is a group 48. 74AH. Reserve capacity of 132.

Lithium gang rise up. You could get away with one Lishen bank. And it would cost near a good AGM and outperform it by a lot. It depends what your alt is charging at, might want to go with a couple Headway banks if charging at a normal voltage and don't want to get a regulator/diode.

Anyway if you are set on AGM go with a Northstar not XS.

I recommended the D2400 because you said you wanted one the size of your current HC1800. They are both group 24s.

The D3400 and D4800 are not.

The D3400 is a group 34. 80AH. Reserve capacity of 160.
The D4800 is a group 48. 74AH. Reserve capacity of 132.
I meant the same physical size so it fits in the area that I have cut out. I have a little extra room so a D3400 would fit in there.

Most people here don't answer direct questions directly, because they think they sound more knowledgeable by adding unsolicited (and often irrelevant) info.
They remind me of politicians.

I meant the same physical size so it fits in the area that I have cut out. I have a little extra room so a D3400 would fit in there.
If you have room for the D3400 then that's a solid choice. I personally at that price point would rather just buy an aftermarket alternator so you can actually create the power you want/need instead of just hoping these overpriced batteries create enough of a reserve

As Jonny said the Northstar are a great option as well with more sizes for you to check out. I plan on buying them instead of XS based on what I’ve read.

Can’t help you with size. And no experience with Lithium either, it scares me from the horror stories I’ve read but it’s becoming more popular and my knowledge is very limited on this so it may be the way to go if you know what your doing. I’m not someone that’s going to compete and weight isn’t important so a tried and true AGM like Northstar or XS is also my choice and should last for many years to come.

If you run any more power in the future you should also get a HO alt like was mentioned. They seem to have a lot more significant impact then batts. I believe a smaller 240 Mechman is around $400 or under.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...