Which size XS battery do I need?

solomon25

CarAudio.com Newbie
Florida
I currently have a kinetic battery in the back which is toast. I want to buy a XS battery next.
This will be for the rear battery connected to
audiocubed Q1-2200.2 Amplifier
2x - JL audio 300/4v2 amps

So three amps altogether. I don't want to spend more than I have to so what's a good size XS battery that can handle this load? Im hoping I can get something smaller than a XS Power D3400
Im also looking at:
XS Power D5100R (link)
XS Power D4800

The XS Power D4800 is cheaper so im not sure exactly why. which one should I choose out of the two?
But I dont understand why these are cheaper but have a higher D number. I need some advice on what will best suit me without being an overkill.

Last edited:
Have you looked into lithium yet? It only weighs 11 pounds.

20210520_193908.jpg

I would dump the optima garbage and get something else. Those things are junk. Just how I see it since I have seen those things cut in half. They are just not the battery they were before they got bought out many years ago.

Otherwise a AGM up front from Odyssey plus one of the smaller XS powers in back.

I would put a XS Power up front as well if it was me. They make a D6500 I am going to use for mine in the front and it is good up to 4,000 watts. So that is something to consider if you can do that consider it the battery is yeah 370 bucks or so but eliminates the use of having to run two batteries.

Otherwise any of those batteries will work in your setup with the Optima. Not like you are drawing that much power. I only have a 65 Series Walmart Extra Plus their yellow battery and I am running a SIA 3.5K plus another Pioneer 4 Channel that I know puts out a few hundred watts and with the big 3 done and HO alternator I don't drop voltage. But going to the D6500 for piece of mind kinda thing.

I would dump the optima garbage and get something else. Those things are junk. Just how I see it since I have seen those things cut in half. They are just not the battery they were before they got bought out many years ago.

Otherwise a AGM up front from Odyssey plus one of the smaller XS powers in back.

I would put a XS Power up front as well if it was me. They make a D6500 I am going to use for mine in the front and it is good up to 4,000 watts. So that is something to consider if you can do that consider it the battery is yeah 370 bucks or so but eliminates the use of having to run two batteries.

Otherwise any of those batteries will work in your setup with the Optima. Not like you are drawing that much power. I only have a 65 Series Walmart Extra Plus their yellow battery and I am running a SIA 3.5K plus another Pioneer 4 Channel that I know puts out a few hundred watts and with the big 3 done and HO alternator I don't drop voltage. But going to the D6500 for piece of mind kinda thing.

In OP I'm asking for the minimum of what I need to be good enough and you're over here suggesting I also replace my perfectly fine yellowtop battery up front SMH

HC1800
Length
10.24"
Width

wow looks like an exact replacement. nice! So right now my selections are between
1. XS Power D3400
2. XS Power D4800

The XS Power D4800 is cheaper so im not sure exactly why. which one should I choose out of the two?

Try reading my whole post. I said if it was me I would replace the Optima they are garbage from factory seen them cut in half when salesmen would try to get me to stock and sell them. None of those Optima batteries are good.

I said at the bottom of my reply any of those batteries you listed would work with the Optima just fine.

Try reading my whole post. I said if it was me I would replace the Optima they are garbage from factory seen them cut in half when salesmen would try to get me to stock and sell them. None of those Optima batteries are good.

I said at the bottom of my reply any of those batteries you listed would work with the Optima just fine.
I'm not replacing something that works perfectly fine. It's a year-old yellowtop.

I'm not replacing something that works perfectly fine. It's a year-old yellowtop.

You might be perfectly fine with the yellow top and the battery in the back. You aren't pushing a ton of watts so you might be good. Install a volt meter off of your bass amp and you will be able to see if your voltage is dropping or not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...