Which pioneer speaker series is the best in terms of SQ?

Not everyone wants to have blaring loud highs

The current pa style trend is quite horrible in my opinion.
you are right. i like those types of music in the trunk for loud music but want something nice in the car. some SQ setups and those pros are not the way to go. maybe the champion series

T

The pros are for SPL not SQ. thats why i didnt mentioned the pro series. to note that i have 4 DB arnold mid and 2 x B350 tweeter in the trunk. those tweeter are way too harsh. tweeters needs to do "tssss tssss tssss" and not "Ksss kssss ksss". those b350 and b400 do "kssss"

Screenshot_20221014-230437_Chrome.jpg

T

The pros are for SPL not SQ. thats why i didnt mentioned the pro series. to note that i have 4 DB arnold mid and 2 x B350 tweeter in the trunk. those tweeter are way too harsh. tweeters needs to do "tssss tssss tssss" and not "Ksss kssss ksss". those b350 and b400 do "kssss"

I'm running 2 Rockford tweets in my truck with two Deaf Bonce Arnolds on a Crescendo S4 and it sounds good. They keep up with my 3,500 watt bass setup for the most part. It's hard for them to keep up on a demo.

I'm running 2 Rockford tweets in my truck with two Deaf Bonce Arnolds on a Crescendo S4 and it sounds good. They keep up with my 3,500 watt bass setup for the most part. It's hard for them to keep up on a demo.
those arnold(MID) are so waow when it come to loudness and clarity. love them.

And the OP is specifically asking about Pioneer. Maybe he should go get some top of the line German made Rainbow mids/tweets.

Maybe he should get speakers that are designed for car audio instead of Pro Audio gear that is designed to be super efficient and used in large venues that has been repurposed for car audio. I don't remember him mentioning the 31 band EQ he'll need to have a chance at making those speakers sound decent.

Maybe he should get speakers that are designed for car audio instead of Pro Audio gear that is designed to be super efficient and used in large venues that has been repurposed for car audio. I don't remember him mentioning the 31 band EQ he'll need to have a chance at making those speakers sound decent.

Then he should go buy some German Rainbow mids/tweets if his pockets are deep enough.

That's why you tune it properly and you don't have to load your doors up. Something like my friends Honda mini-van. All McLaren's and no tweets. He doesn't even have any subs.

Great sound depends on good speakers. PA style speakers depend on distortion to get the advertised wide range on the upper end, and by necessity the low end suffers to reach higher dB SPL. More distortion inherent to the speakers is not compatible with sound quality.

Great sound depends on good speakers. PA style speakers depend on distortion to get the advertised wide range on the upper end, and by necessity the low end suffers to reach higher dB SPL. More distortion inherent to the speakers is not compatible with sound quality.

PA also use light cones prone to break up.

What's wrong with these McLaren mids/highs? Notice that he isn't running tweets or subs.

You do realize that that video show us nothing over recording with a lackluster to poor quality mic and being compressed to hell and back for storage

On top of that I'd almost be willing to bet you've never been in a top class sound quality car.

As I've said before people's ears all like different things. If that's what you like fine but I damn sure wouldn't like that setup.

You do realize that that video show us nothing over recording with a lackluster to poor quality mic and being compressed to hell and back for storage

On top of that I'd almost be willing to bet you've never been in a top class sound quality car.

As I've said before people's ears all like different things. If that's what you like fine but I damn sure wouldn't like that setup.

If you haven't heard it in person how do you know you wouldn't like it? What are your qualifications for a top class sound quality car? You like to assume a lot.

If you haven't heard it in person how do you know you wouldn't like it? What are your qualifications for a top class sound quality car? You like to assume a lot.

How about attending sound quality comps several times and actually getting demos in top placing vehicles.

Thing like that change your perspective

And I know for a fact that those mids he is running don't cover the full frequency range and quite frankly have to have several peaks in the frequency response. If they didn't every sq competitor would be running those speakers no?

Experience mean I can make assumptions. Pa speakers sound bad compared to a properly set up component set. Can pa setups sound decent! Sure but your going to fight lots of install restrictions like having to fit 10inch mids to even touch 60hz and then those 10inch mids are going to fall off quick and need a smaller mid to make up for it, then a very peaky bullet tweeter or compression horns will be a chore to not only mount but tame with an eq.

On top of that, the cabin is going to fight you with restrictions to fit and severe reflections causing cancellation because you don't have good options to mount these mids.

I don't like 150db highs that destroys your hearing in a medical definition. 115db is usually plenty 130db is the upper range of pain with highs. Unlike subs in which I don't feel pain till 145db or greater really closer to 150db

If that's what you like so beit but it's not what I want or like.

How about attending sound quality comps several times and actually getting demos in top placing vehicles.

Thing like that change your perspective

And I know for a fact that those mids he is running don't cover the full frequency range and quite frankly have to have several peaks in the frequency response. If they didn't every sq competitor would be running those speakers no?

Experience mean I can make assumptions. Pa speakers sound bad compared to a properly set up component set. Can pa setups sound decent! Sure but your going to fight lots of install restrictions like having to fit 10inch mids to even touch 60hz and then those 10inch mids are going to fall off quick and need a smaller mid to make up for it, then a very peaky bullet tweeter or compression horns will be a chore to not only mount but tame with an eq.

On top of that, the cabin is going to fight you with restrictions to fit and severe reflections causing cancellation because you don't have good options to mount these mids.

I don't like 150db highs that destroys your hearing in a medical definition. 115db is usually plenty 130db is the upper range of pain with highs. Unlike subs in which I don't feel pain till 145db or greater really closer to 150db

If that's what you like so beit but it's not what I want or like.

I can't stand the treble rebels out there. I've heard good and bad setups with these type of speakers. I have yet to see a SQ show even advertised.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...