Where to get a plain, custom door panel made?

Quiet Wind

Iowa
Hi. I have a 2004 Chevy Cavalier and I want custom door panels made for my doors o be able to fit one 6x9, one 6.5" and one 1" tweeter each. I was wondering if there is any good sites that I would be able to customize a door digitally (or explain how I want it done) and have it done for me? Thank you!

dont put 6x9 and 6.5s in the same door, not without sealing one off or else you get major cancellation with the rear waves as in it wont get loud and it'll sound like complete sh*t.
I guess I explained this wrong. The 6x9s and the 6.5"s will not be running on different channels. They will be running off the same amp and off the same channels (I have a 400 watt 4 channel amp that I can put 100w RMS through each channel, so I can use two speakers for each side on the same front channel off the head unit.) So it's not like my rear channel speakers and my front channel speakers will be running to the same door. My rear channels are still the 6x9 Rockfords on my back deck. The subs are still running off the subwoofer channels (R & L). So yeah, my fault for not clarifying that...

what 6x9s are worth being put in a custom door panel
Well I like quantity AND quality, but right now I don't have quality or quantity (as much as I'd like anyway.) I have 2 4x6s in the doors (the ones I want to replace) that are **** and two 6x9s in the back deck and two 12" Rockford subs. I plan on adding two more subs and I want to add the 6.5"s and the other 6x9"s I have laying around already (both new, just not installed). I really want to put the new 6x9s I have in the front doors with my new 6.5"s. (I want my whole system a Rockford Fosgate system, not just because it's Rockford but because I hate having different brands installed with each other, I'm kinda OCD about what brands I have installed with each other; the only other parts I'll mix in different brands with is the head unit, an equalizer (when I get one), and other types of sound processors.

There are people who will fab doors for you.Or you can just go to a local shop.
Thanks, I figured that but all the shops near me are either OVERPRICED (even for custom door panels, I know they're freaking expensive but HOLY CRAP the shops here are expensive...) or don't know jack squat and will end up screwing up your car more than it was before. So you know any sites that I could customize and order? I don't need anything special, just a door panel to fit my vehicle that has the right sized (width and mounting depth) holes for the speakers, I don't need anything that is special kinds of materials (like metal, fiberglass, etc.) or different designs.

Thanks, I figured that but all the shops near me are either OVERPRICED (even for custom door panels, I know they're freaking expensive but HOLY CRAP the shops here are expensive...) or don't know jack squat and will end up screwing up your car more than it was before. So you know any sites that I could customize and order? I don't need anything special, just a door panel to fit my vehicle that has the right sized (width and mounting depth) holes for the speakers, I don't need anything that is special kinds of materials (like metal, fiberglass, etc.) or different designs.
If you want it done by someone else, you’ll have to ship your door panels or find duplicates of yours and send those.

Depending on what you want done the usual price range for a pair is 400-800

If you’re just going to run two 12s, depending on what Rockford models, you can easily get away with a single 6.5 and tweeter.

More than likely you can use stock locations.

You’d be wasting your money on custom doors

Well I like quantity AND quality, but right now I don't have quality or quantity (as much as I'd like anyway.) I have 2 4x6s in the doors (the ones I want to replace) that are **** and two 6x9s in the back deck and two 12" Rockford subs. I plan on adding two more subs and I want to add the 6.5"s and the other 6x9"s I have laying around already (both new, just not installed). I really want to put the new 6x9s I have in the front doors with my new 6.5"s. (I want my whole system a Rockford Fosgate system, not just because it's Rockford but because I hate having different brands installed with each other, I'm kinda OCD about what brands I have installed with each other; the only other parts I'll mix in different brands with is the head unit, an equalizer (when I get one), and other types of sound processors.
A good headhnit will negate the need for you to get an EQ and/or a sound processor 99% of the time.

what model Rockford’s do you have now?

If you want it done by someone else, you’ll have to ship your door panels or find duplicates of yours and send those.Depending on what you want done the usual price range for a pair is 400-800

If you’re just going to run two 12s, depending on what Rockford models, you can easily get away with a single 6.5 and tweeter.

More than likely you can use stock locations.

You’d be wasting your money on custom doors
All my other speakers are in stock locations. I don't want to have just that and be done with it, like I said I'm a quantity guy and I want more in my system. I have no room other than throwing some wood boxes onto my back deck (which would block my rear view) or using one of the four doors. If I just wanted a "system that works" I'd stay with what I have. I want to do a brand new door panel as well, not just modding the panels I have.

Not to be hostile but I'm not sure why it's so hard to just answer a question like I asked it...

All my other speakers are in stock locations. I don't want to have just that and be done with it, like I said I'm a quantity guy and I want more in my system. I have no room other than throwing some wood boxes onto my back deck (which would block my rear view) or using one of the four doors. If I just wanted a "system that works" I'd stay with what I have. I want to do a brand new door panel as well, not just modding the panels I have.
Not to be hostile but I'm not sure why it's so hard to just answer a question like I asked it...
i did answer it.

Ether go to a shop or get someone to fab up the panels you have.

Go to a pick and pull and find your door panels. Lots of folk do that.

You’d be really surprised what a single 6.5 and tweeter can do when they’re on an amp and properly tuned.

The money you’d be spending on custom doors you could easily get a louder system than what you have now. *more than likely*

A good headhnit will negate the need for you to get an EQ and/or a sound processor 99% of the time.
what model Rockford’s do you have now?
Eh... you guys are completely missing the point.

I know how audio works and I didn't ask anything about a EQ, I simply mentioned it as an example...

And I have two 12" P1 subs, four R169X2 6x9s (two in the rear deck and two that I want to put in the doors), two T1650 6.5"s, R400-4D for the subs (I have two open channels for the two new subs I will be adding, the same as the ones I already have), and a P300-1 250wattx2ch amp for my deck. The door panel speakers right now are ****** 4x6 Pioneers that were installed by the person who had the car before me that I want to get rid of and are running off the head unit since it's not worth to use an amplifier on them, at least not until I finish the system and replace the ones there currently. And my head unit is JVC-Kenwood unit that cost around $135. Has front, rear and sub channels and has all the features I need and has 4 stock channels at about 55-watt per channel (I don't normally use this anyway unless it's like my current situation right now where it's not worth using an amp on the speakers they are running to). (Also, I'm not sure exactly what model my head unit is but it doesn't really matter since I know the specs of it and its features)

You’d be really surprised what a single 6.5 and tweeter can do when they’re on an amp and properly tuned.
The money you’d be spending on custom doors you could easily get a louder system than what you have now. *more than likely*
I understand, but like I said, I just like having the quantity. It could be super loud and with great quality sound and if I don't have very many I'm not satisfied, I like taking my car to local sound competitions (I've actually hosted a couple, they were smaller ones with mostly people I know, but there have been a couple where there were at least a hundred local people, still not very big though) and one of the things in the pointing system is quality PLUS quantity. So basically you get points for the design/creativeness, decibel rating, quality rating (both physical and sound wise), and the quantity you have (both speakers and accessories and amps).

Sorry if I seem like an ***, I'm not trying to be. Excuse me if I sound like one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.