Electrical nightmare. Serious Troubleshooting Needed. Video attached.

omg man that ***** and i cannot help u.. list what kinda and yr of car just in case some one here has had that problem..
2013 Chrysler 300 Base model.

**UPDATE**

Just got back from the chrysler dealer. The guy was nice and let me in the work bay with him.

1) He ran diagnostics with no errors!!!

2) He flashed and re-installed software to stock.

3) We ripped out a crappy relay a previous audio tech installed that was tapped directly into the wiring harness.

I had a hunch from previous research the Body controll modual was going bad. This tech thinks I have bad voltage drops and its making the BCM freak out.

Long story short 50 bucks to flash the car and rip out some wires. Going to leave the subs and amps unplugged for awhile and see if the problem comes back.

*My system is clipping and I DO need more battery. so the tech might be right.

i thought it looked like 300..what amp do u have? if u don't have huge amp volts shouldn't drop to low.. test batt and alt at advance, if batt not great., go on advance website order agm battery with 20-25% discount walk back inside and they'll install it for u (depending on where it is)..

Has the battery been checked for voltage? Could have a bad battery....and these newer cars...are harder to work on/diagnose.

2013 Chrysler 300 Base model.

**UPDATE**

Just got back from the chrysler dealer. The guy was nice and let me in the work bay with him.

1) He ran diagnostics with no errors!!!

2) He flashed and re-installed software to stock.

3) We ripped out a crappy relay a previous audio tech installed that was tapped directly into the wiring harness.

I had a hunch from previous research the Body controll modual was going bad. This tech thinks I have bad voltage drops and its making the BCM freak out.

Long story short 50 bucks to flash the car and rip out some wires. Going to leave the subs and amps unplugged for awhile and see if the problem comes back.

*My system is clipping and I DO need more battery. so the tech might be right.
those are very close to the conclusions i came to based on what you said in the first few minutes anyways.

I would like to know if you spliced or solderered ANY wires at all? This sounds like an issue with the wiring harness itself if it only started occurring after the headunit was installed. I'd put whatever was in there before back if you really want to rule out any stock systems. BCM's aren't cheap my friend

Do you have any concern that there's a ground ANYWHERE that could be an issue? How is that headunit grounded?

By the way, it's just a car. I get your frustration, more than you would know, but chill the fuck out and you might find a solution.

those are very close to the conclusions i came to based on what you said in the first few minutes anyways.
I would like to know if you spliced or solderered ANY wires at all? This sounds like an issue with the wiring harness itself if it only started occurring after the headunit was installed. I'd put whatever was in there before back if you really want to rule out any stock systems. BCM's aren't cheap my friend

Do you have any concern that there's a ground ANYWHERE that could be an issue? How is that headunit grounded?

By the way, it's just a car. I get your frustration, more than you would know, but chill the fuck out and you might find a solution.

Axxess harness connects to HU harness and then connects to cars stock harness, no soldering all plug and play integration. I have reviewed all wires on the harness today everything is correct and intact. I have been working with the car all day the problem has not happened again.

things I did today

1) finished the 1/0 from battery to alt "this completed the big 3"

2) thoroughly inspected the axxess / hu harness

3) removed a relay that was tapped into my factory harness from a previous person. "to keep factory deck"

4) removed a set of tweeters that person had running off full range channel from back deck.

5) removed the x2 crossovers and bassknob from previous person.

6) ran new rca from new double dinn to amp

7) ran a new signal wire from the HU harness

8) car was flashed and reset by chrysler dealer

9) inspected as many wires as possible with seats and panels removed from car.

Has the battery been checked for voltage? Could have a bad battery....and these newer cars...are harder to work on/diagnose.

2 week old brand new Duralast AGM battery installed already. I always new i needed more battery , i have a stinger voltmeter i will connect tommorrow to see just how bad im dipping.

I posted a couple suggestions on YouTube on the first video that electronic ignition system is controlled through logic software. If they ran into the ignition system it's going to be a nightmare and possibly damage it.

2 low voltage can cause issues but unless you are seeing 10 volts I wouldn't worry much about it some computers/components are sensitive to low voltage but not a voltage drop in the high 11s per say.

Personally I suggest running all new wire. Power ground etc etc for the head unit. And go directly to the battery with its OWN fuse block. Isolate it from any systems.

Also isolate the ground from the stock grounds incase you are getting noise which could be you issue as well.

Simply reflashing the BCM could have fixed your issue by itself

my understanding is that the BCM and other computer modules are on a voltage regulated source so unless theres something finicky about the BCM's in new cars with significantly new electronics i doubt the BCM is bad

probably just needed to be reset after you changed out the headunit

Lol i havent bothered to post, but being that the 300 uses data lines have you considered the harness you bought might be having issues and possiblt needs to be updated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

**update**

Problem has NOT happened anymore. Also here is a short vid of my voltage with subs running. Seems steady. "x1 primary agm battery / big 3 only*

**LISTEN TO THOSE LOVELY STOCK MIDS AND HIGHS LOL**

**update**
Problem has NOT happened anymore. Also here is a short vid of my voltage with subs running. Seems steady. "x1 primary agm battery / big 3 only*

**LISTEN TO THOSE LOVELY STOCK MIDS AND HIGHS LOL**

Great! Just saying again those axxess boxes need updating for newer vehicles especially fiber optic systems like the 300.
It may work temporarily but the second those boxes error out internally it will cause issues.

Lol i havent bothered to post, but being that the 300 uses data lines have you considered the harness you bought might be having issues and possiblt needs to be updated.
Yep!! Those **** COMPUTER CONTROLLED car stuff! :-(

Carburetors were hard enough to tune, now you have to be an auto computer systems GURU!

John Kuthe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.