Where to get a plain, custom door panel made?

Eh... you guys are completely missing the point.
I know how audio works and I didn't ask anything about a EQ, I simply mentioned it as an example...

And I have two 12" P1 subs, four R169X2 6x9s (two in the rear deck and two that I want to put in the doors), two T1650 6.5"s, R400-4D for the subs (I have two open channels for the two new subs I will be adding, the same as the ones I already have), and a P300-1 250wattx2ch amp for my deck. The door panel speakers right now are ****** 4x6 Pioneers that were installed by the person who had the car before me that I want to get rid of and are running off the head unit since it's not worth to use an amplifier on them, at least not until I finish the system and replace the ones there currently. And my head unit is JVC-Kenwood unit that cost around $135. Has front, rear and sub channels and has all the features I need and has 4 stock channels at about 55-watt per channel (I don't normally use this anyway unless it's like my current situation right now where it's not worth using an amp on the speakers they are running to). (Also, I'm not sure exactly what model my head unit is but it doesn't really matter since I know the specs of it and its features)
You’re getting maybe 15 Watts at the most out of that head unit.

What are the tuning capabilities of that head unit?

Why do you want four speakers in the rear and only two in the front? Are you driving from the back seats?

You could replace those P1s with a single 10 or 12 and it would be louder. EASILY.

If you have 4x6s you maybe be able to just cut rings for the 6.5s and mount them against the inside of the doors. That’s what I did. Very easy to do.

But that depends on how much clearence you have on either side and the mounting depth of the speaker. As well as the diameter of magnet.

I understand, but like I said, I just like having the quantity. It could be super loud and with great quality sound and if I don't have very many I'm not satisfied, I like taking my car to local sound competitions (I've actually hosted a couple, they were smaller ones with mostly people I know, but there have been a couple where there were at least a hundred local people, still not very big though) and one of the things in the pointing system is quality PLUS quantity. So basically you get points for the design/creativeness, decibel rating, quality rating (both physical and sound wise), and the quantity you have (both speakers and accessories and amps).

Sorry if I seem like an ***, I'm not trying to be. Excuse me if I sound like one
Do you give prizes at these comps you host becuase I’d love to take my car there

I beg to differ.

Find a local car audio group on facebook and ask who does door panels in your area.
I don't have anyone on Facebook that would answer me (low following) plus I barely use it, if I did I'd be looking right now. Plus I live in a small town. There really wouldn't be anywhere around my area that do something like that. Shops near me (maybe one or two little tiny ones, and the one my step dad owns who already told me doesn't do custom interiors) don't really do that kind of stuff. If they did it'd be really difficult to arrange.

If I had to give an example of what I want done, has anyone watched LIFEOFPRICE or steve meade? Take a look at their door panels. They have like, 6 speakers on each panel. Now, I don't want something THAT wacked out, I only want two on each door (plus a tweeter on each) and a similar material (or even the same) plus a similar layout, just thicker.

Do you give prizes at these comps you host becuase I’d love to take my car there
No. They're just for fun and to hang out. It's not really a professional thing. Just for local sound junkies who wanna hang out with other sound junkies and listen to each others' systems. One of us normally brings a decibel reader and we normally have two judges that judge the quality and creativity and stuff like that of the build. We log the stuff and at the end, we read off who has the most points (you get a certain number of points for different catagories.)

I know it seems stupid but it's not made to be a tourist attraction or a huge, professional event. Just for audio junkies to hang out and have fun. Sometimes beer and other drinks and food are supplies (though I'm not 21 yet so I can't drink, lol)

You’re getting maybe 15 Watts at the most out of that head unit.What are the tuning capabilities of that head unit?

Why do you want four speakers in the rear and only two in the front? Are you driving from the back seats?

You could replace those P1s with a single 10 or 12 and it would be louder. EASILY.

If you have 4x6s you maybe be able to just cut rings for the 6.5s and mount them against the inside of the doors. That’s what I did. Very easy to do.

But that depends on how much clearence you have on either side and the mounting depth of the speaker. As well as the diameter of magnet.
I know, the 55 watt was a rating that was a max rating (which is greatly exaggerated as any person who knows an ounce of audio knows) but I doubt the speakers that are running off the head unit itself are worth even 15 watts. They're cheap Walmart speakers that I would rather throw away when I find replacements.

And I never said I want them in the rear. I only have two in the rear and they are the 2 6x9s I have installed already in the rear deck. The rest I want in the front and when I eventually install them in I am going to finally hook them up to another amp.

I don't want to. 1. The two I have now were actually presents from my family, I've had them for a couple of years but they are in fantastic shape and run well for my tiny car. Plus, again, I don't want just one sub. I told you, I like quantity. Sometimes more over volume.

I could, but with my car it would look horrendous and there isn't, as you said, enough of a mounting depth for my 6.5"s. My 6x9s might fit with that depth, but then I wouldn't be able to put my 6.5"s in the doors (this is the reason I'm trying to get panels with a deeper mounting depth, and obviously these panels would have to be reinforced, whether that be with a thicker plastic or a thin alloy of metal).

I'm better though at the technical stuff, the specs, and the stuff to do with anything electronic or the speakers by itself though, I'm not very good with what an actual door panel would need to support an actual quantity of speakers as I have, so I may be wrong, maybe the stock plastic would be strong enough for it if made deeper. IDK.

I don't have anyone on Facebook that would answer me (low following) plus I barely use it, if I did I'd be looking right now. Plus I live in a small town. There really wouldn't be anywhere around my area that do something like that. Shops near me (maybe one or two little tiny ones, and the one my step dad owns who already told me doesn't do custom interiors) don't really do that kind of stuff. If they did it'd be really difficult to arrange.
If I had to give an example of what I want done, has anyone watched LIFEOFPRICE or steve meade? Take a look at their door panels. They have like, 6 speakers on each panel. Now, I don't want something THAT wacked out, I only want two on each door (plus a tweeter on each) and a similar material (or even the same) plus a similar layout, just thicker.
JP is a pedophile and Meade is a douche canoe.

Im saying on facebook find an actual group. Not make a post asking. For example Im in Jacksonvilles loudest group and asked what shop around Jacksonville could do a pillars for a 3 way front stage. Few members on there told me about a shop I had never heard of that does amazing sound quality builds.

I know buddy brown in Keystone heights builds door panels if you are willing to ship. Ive only built my own. 4 10" mids and 4 tweeters in the front doors.

I guess I explained this wrong. The 6x9s and the 6.5"s will not be running on different channels. They will be running off the same amp and off the same channels (I have a 400 watt 4 channel amp that I can put 100w RMS through each channel, so I can use two speakers for each side on the same front channel off the head unit.) So it's not like my rear channel speakers and my front channel speakers will be running to the same door. My rear channels are still the 6x9 Rockfords on my back deck. The subs are still running off the subwoofer channels (R & L). So yeah, my fault for not clarifying that...
still doesnt matter, anytime you have different sized speakers in the same door panel running, you get massive cancellation it doesnt matter what signal its from. You do not have any clear understanding of how sound quality and loudness works acoustics wise. Its the same reason why we dont run multiple sized subwoofers in the same car. Different sized speakers produce different waves and have different frequency response, they add up to distortion or cancellation which equates to less loudness and MUCH less quality of sound.

All my other speakers are in stock locations. I don't want to have just that and be done with it, like I said I'm a quantity guy and I want more in my system. I have no room other than throwing some wood boxes onto my back deck (which would block my rear view) or using one of the four doors. If I just wanted a "system that works" I'd stay with what I have. I want to do a brand new door panel as well, not just modding the panels I have.
Not to be hostile but I'm not sure why it's so hard to just answer a question like I asked it...
Less is more here. You want quality, you want a pair of high efficiency quality mids and a pair of quality tweets, you try to do anything more, you fk up the sound stage and clarity by a lot. If a pair of 6.5s and tweeters can be heard several football fields away and yours cant then you are doing something wrong.

The proper setup would be having a lot of power going to a pair of mids and tweets. 4x6, 6x9s should be eliminated from the equation completely. A good active capable head unit is needed as well, they dont cost that much either.

Your local sound get together is small time stuff, you are talking to guys that compete hardcore in both sound quality AND quantity aka loudness on a professional level with db drag, MECA SQ etc.. kinda need to humble yourself and learn because you are going down a path that wastes money and gets really bad results.

If you are doing door panels, you should do four 8s or four 6.5s instead and have a quality pair of tweeter. Just sell every other speaker in your car, they arent needed. Focus your emphasis on door treatments and having a quality head unit to tune and run active. You dont need any add on EQ because they all **** right now. If you want to go more advanced with a 4 way network setup then you go with a DSP but more than likely an active capable head unit with 24 bit dac, 13 band EQ, time alignment, 3 way network capability is more than enough to get you to where you need. However honestly though this kind of setup will drown out your subwoofers completely. This is more for if you walled off your car completely with two 18s on 15,000 rms or something. otherwise, a pair of 6.5 and a pair of tweeters will 100% keep up with any two 12s setup you can come up with if properly done.

JP is a pedophile and Meade is a douche canoe.

Im saying on facebook find an actual group. Not make a post asking. For example Im in Jacksonvilles loudest group and asked what shop around Jacksonville could do a pillars for a 3 way front stage. Few members on there told me about a shop I had never heard of that does amazing sound quality builds.

I know buddy brown in Keystone heights builds door panels if you are willing to ship. Ive only built my own. 4 10" mids and 4 tweeters in the front doors.
Well of course and I agree with you, I was just using an example...

Okay, but how much would something like that cost? I mean, I don't have a problem with shipping (I wanted brand new panels anyway) but I also needed to know what price I'd be looking at for something that is basically the same as what I have (same material) except having a deeper mounting depth and holes for speakers.

still doesnt matter, anytime you have different sized speakers in the same door panel running, you get massive cancellation it doesnt matter what signal its from.
Not if they are in different enclosures and don't have the same air space.

Well of course and I agree with you, I was just using an example...
Okay, but how much would something like that cost? I mean, I don't have a problem with shipping (I wanted brand new panels anyway) but I also needed to know what price I'd be looking at for something that is basically the same as what I have (same material) except having a deeper mounting depth and holes for speakers.

Join "doors for days" group on facebook. You probably will find a builder closer to you and can get ideas from others with the same car.

Join "doors for days" group on facebook. You probably will find a builder closer to you and can get ideas from others with the same car.
Okay, do you have any idea how much something like that would cost for something that plain, or is it dependable on too many factors to know?

Wyatt Semanek does some incredible doors out of Utah.
Thanks again for the referance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'll wait for an approval to join and I'll post on there and ask. I see it's a fairly active group so I hope there will be someone with good prices and good quality builds. Thank you.

still doesnt matter, anytime you have different sized speakers in the same door panel running, you get massive cancellation it doesnt matter what signal its from. You do not have any clear understanding of how sound quality and loudness works acoustics wise. Its the same reason why we dont run multiple sized subwoofers in the same car. Different sized speakers produce different waves and have different frequency response, they add up to distortion or cancellation which equates to less loudness and MUCH less quality of sound.

Less is more here. You want quality, you want a pair of high efficiency quality mids and a pair of quality tweets, you try to do anything more, you fk up the sound stage and clarity by a lot. If a pair of 6.5s and tweeters can be heard several football fields away and yours cant then you are doing something wrong.

The proper setup would be having a lot of power going to a pair of mids and tweets. 4x6, 6x9s should be eliminated from the equation completely. A good active capable head unit is needed as well, they dont cost that much either.

Your local sound get together is small time stuff, you are talking to guys that compete hardcore in both sound quality AND quantity aka loudness on a professional level with db drag, MECA SQ etc.. kinda need to humble yourself and learn because you are going down a path that wastes money and gets really bad results.

If you are doing door panels, you should do four 8s or four 6.5s instead and have a quality pair of tweeter. Just sell every other speaker in your car, they arent needed. Focus your emphasis on door treatments and having a quality head unit to tune and run active. You dont need any add on EQ because they all **** right now. If you want to go more advanced with a 4 way network setup then you go with a DSP but more than likely an active capable head unit with 24 bit dac, 13 band EQ, time alignment, 3 way network capability is more than enough to get you to where you need. However honestly though this kind of setup will drown out your subwoofers completely. This is more for if you walled off your car completely with two 18s on 15,000 rms or something.
Again. Not to sound rude but I don't care to be honest. I'm not a "OMG I NEED EVERYTHING FOR TOP QUALITY". I just listen to music while going to school and going to work and driving around town. I don't give a crap about my system being SUPER loud or SUPER top quality sound. If I cared I'd have thrown my crap away like you say a LONG time ago.

You don't need to tell me it's small time stuff because I've stated that over and over, dude. I really don't care about any of that.

And I also told you, I have a very good head unit. And stop bringing up the EQ. I don't want one nor do I have one. That wasn't my point at all. My tuning on my head is actually very versatile. Not to mention the secondary EQs on the amps (sub EQ if you have a sub running off it, frequency tuner and gain, which I can set even higher and more specific on my head.)

Basically I just want lots of speakers to show off to friends who don't know **** about it. Other than that I don't care about how much money I spend or how much of a quality difference it has that my dumb ears won't notice anyway. It doesn't matter to me and you're completely missing the point here, man. If I wanted to know how systems work and all the VERY VERY technical details and how to make a professional system, I'd do that and if I didn't know something, I'd ask that, my question was asking where I could go to get custom panels made. My question wasn't about how stupid the idea is or whether or not it'd be a good idea or if it would sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.