When building a one seat system...

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Is there any reason not to have everything on axis to you?

I had my tweeters firing across the cabin for the longest time and today i moved them both on axis to me. It makes a huge difference in sound stage and clarity. Im using the 80prs so i only have -6 db per band which is fine. i have an extremely peaky 800-2.8 khz. Its not a phase issue as far as i can tell, its just what it is.

Ive the got the mids at like 1.25 khz at -12db and the tweets at 3.15khz at -12. Really tames those freqs and makes everything sound much better.

anyway. so yea..answer the bolded..

Not all drivers are designed to sound best on-axis. In fact most that are marketed for car audio graph better off-axis because that's more typical of a drop-in replacement car install. On or off is largely dependent on the drivers.... or rather driver selection should consider whether you are able to mount on axis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.