Whats wrong?

Dr. Slam
10+ year member

Slamming hoes n trunks...
I have 2 fi qs hooked up to a rf bd 2000. The load the amp is seeing is 2 ohms from each sub. One just stopped working. It isn't the amp / rcas because I switched speaker inputs and the other sub still worked. There's no damage to the cone, it didn't stink, and all the voice coils read as they should, so what the hell is the problem? if it is blown, ( which I dont see how that could've happened ) what are my options from here?

* when you push the cone it no noise and just as stiff as the working one. Both are exactly the same physically except one doesn't produce any sound.

It's not the rcas or the amp. I wired the working sub to both inputs and it worked on either one. I wired the non-working sub on either one and it didn't work

I haven't checked the wiring physically, I tested with a dmm and got a 2 ohm reading so I'm guessing it wasn't the wiring but I'll check everything physically

If the coil still reads continuity, and the suspension moves freely, as you've told us... there is no reason the speaker should not work.

Are the subs wired together in series/parallel? Did you isolate the wire running to each speaker to see if that is the problem?

Thanks for all the the help guys. I tested the sub and wire and nothing was out of the ordinary. So I messed around with everything and found out the inner portion of the speaker terminal on the box had a bad connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.