what's the difference punch/power punch

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, you are basically trying to compare the difference of a middle-of-the-road amp and a top-of-the-line amp. You will see that the power-supplies are different, and their ability to play loud for long periods of time. It's like comparing a new Mustang with the V6 in it to the Mustang Cobra...same but very different.

Are there some die-hard Rockford guys that can explain this better, I am not totally up-to-date on the Rockford stuff...

I've been told that the primary difference is that the power series has a better x/o and more durable construction of the controls. Power output and general performace differences are minimal. Maybe I heard wrong.

there are only a few differences, the punch power has a steeper 24 dB/octave crossover compaired to the 18 dB on the regualr punch and the power has pre-amp outputs to help with system building. so it is worth the extra cost depending on your application. if your pushing subs with it and thats all itsw probably not but if your going for SQ and have a multi amp system then yes it is worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.