what would give me the most spl?

oh I see what you did there... I meant more of an even comparison, both ported, same tuning, enough volume for their surface area etc.
Even then its a complete unknown. A 4 door tundra will not do well on the meter compared to say, a small hatchback. So yes, with similar tuning it is very possible to get a single 8"(especially a SA8v2) to meter louder than 3 15's. Even with really good equipment the op only scored 144db in that truck, my single 8" is very close to that, but in a small wagon.

Even then its a complete unknown. A 4 door tundra will not do well on the meter compared to say, a small hatchback. So yes, with similar tuning it is very possible to get a single 8"(especially a SA8v2) to meter louder than 3 15's. Even with really good equipment the op only scored 144db in that truck, my single 8" is very close to that, but in a small wagon.
yeah the car is also a variable, but in a controlled environment where the only variable is the number/size of subs in properly built boxes the 3 15"s should take the lead in my opinion. Of course it's going to take more to get loud in a van compared to a CRX.

yeah the car is also a variable, but in a controlled environment where the only variable is the number/size of subs in properly built boxes the 3 15"s should take the lead in my opinion. Of course it's going to take more to get loud in a van compared to a CRX.
that of course would be the biggest variable

to get the spl you refer to on a single 8" is an achievement in it's self. Not to take away from that challenge, but personally, I love the sound reproduction of a 15" subwoofer...in multiples...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.