12" SPL subwoofer recommendations

Dave17193

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ny
I have limited space and only an option for a sealed enclosure. 1.1 cubic ft per woofer. I can do (2) 12". Want it to hit hard. Budget is $1.5k ish for the pair. Partial to the JL w6 but reading the sundown sa would be a good fit. Tia!

I have limited space and only an option for a sealed enclosure. 1.1 cubic ft per woofer. I can do (2) 12". Want it to hit hard. Budget is $1.5k ish for the pair. Partial to the JL w6 but reading the sundown sa would be a good fit. Tia!
The SA series does hit good sealed. W6s, way better IMO, but quite pricey.

1 2800 to 3000 rms 12 in a ported box built to spec should do it..i would do 1 deaf bonce 3512r in about 2 cubes at 34-36.guaranteed to hit lol

So you have to charge your EV to drive it, and you put up with that hassle because it saves you money, and doesn't need gas. So you put in a larger stereo, but that needs to be charged separately because that will kill your engine's battery.

So instead of mpg costing you about 60% of gas, it costs you closer to 75-80%, and the bigger stereo you go, the more juice you use. With gas,

Someone should probably ask if he is going for sound quality or loudness.

The thread title does say spl.

For having free health care, you can't quote for **** Kanadean.

1697856290060.png

Someone should probably ask if he is going for sound quality or loudness.
The Thread says "12"SPL Subwoofer Recommendations". Deff a sealed application in 1.1Sealed isnt going get it done. As you State.. Ported is the way to go. Even Aero-ported to save a little space Tuned properly and power for the Supply and Demand! :LOL::LOL::poop:!

The SA series does hit good sealed. W6s, way better IMO, but quite pricey.
Ive never liked the SA series. I spent too many funds on a pair for enclosures to only be disappointed in the end with a hole in my pocket.!! XFL 12s slammed theyre azzes off and were still cheaper than the crappy SA subs. W6s are nice if you want to spend the $ on them. They always seem to need be reconed after about 2 years from my experiencing with them. Decent SQ sub but I wouldnt recommend for an SPL setup.
Cresendo C12 would be ideal if you could find one in stock

A DC Audio Level 3 would be Ideal, You can slamm on those subs all day long

If you have room as stated for two 12s in 1.1 each..
You can do a single in a 2.0@32 Htz like an American Bass XFL 12 or an American Bass Hawk on a 1500-2k amplifier provided your electrical system can keep up with the supply for the demand, and the proper type of ported enclosure for the Vehicle/environment and tuned properly should be plenty of a substage.
What Vehicle is this going in? what radio/HU do you have? what size battery do you have now and what size is your alternator( how many amps is it?)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...