SPL tolerance

When you play your car stereo harder and harder, do you stop turning up the volume when your ears start to hurt ? Do you thing this pain comes from the low, medium or high frequency notes ?
I tend to back off the volume when my ears are hurting...I wanna listen to music when I'm old too 🤣🤣🤣

When you play your car stereo harder and harder, do you stop turning up the volume when your ears start to hurt ? Do you thing this pain comes from the low, medium or high frequency notes ?
Any frequency can be damaging. I don't find it really necessary to blast my system until my ears start to hurt.

Highest my car has done is a 156. I have 1200w on highs and recently swapped the mids to pro audio mids. This was a challenge as I find many of these to sound terrible but finally found some that sound good with good midbass run sealed. I’ve lost some of my hearing over the years, my right ear is worse. There comes a point I have to turn it down but I can withstand it for a bit. Others I notice who come in the car can’t handle it for long at all. I’m kind of jealous cause it shows how bad my hearing is 🥺

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...