what would give me the most spl?

haha i doubt u could make a 8 on 1000 louder than 3 15's on 1000 thats like 5 times the cone area! and i have one big box for all 3 subs tuned to 35hz
ooooh another noob that thinks that he knows everything.... I gots me a big box with 3 cheap azz 15's.... I be da boss son... I roll roun wit my 15's n the hos on da street hear me bangin from a mile away n they be like ooooh ahhhhh.....

ooooh another noob that thinks that he knows everything.... I gots me a big box with 3 cheap azz 15's.... I be da boss son... I roll roun wit my 15's n the hos on da street hear me bangin from a mile away n they be like ooooh ahhhhh.....
And on top of that the subs are all different brands. I think a Fosgate p1 is his best one.... And for the record I'll put my money on Bumpin with 1000 watts and 1 8 to get louder.

they are all the same brand htr :p
My bad. So you got 3 15" p1's right? Idk man.... I'd sell em' and go with something in the cab. Just my opinion but I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment with your plan.

i was thinking about putting my 2 10" hx2's in a center console box but idk if i have enough room..... do u think center console box has spl potential?

you could get very good output from a center console box.... if you have the room.... have you looked into sundown sa8's??? I just bought one and it is amazing... so im buying 4 more:fro:

you could get very good output from a center console box.... if you have the room.... have you looked into sundown sa8's??? I just bought one and it is amazing... so im buying 4 more:fro:
I was going to get 2 or 3 of those. I think I'm going to go with a SKAR VVX 15. Can't fit a whole lot in my trunk. So the SA-8's are impressive huh? Kind of late to change my mind. Already getting an enclosure from DC (rabbit).

for an 8 they are beast... the ONE that i have right now walked all over my 15 in l7 on 1000 watts, and the sa8 is only on 550... this proves that displacement isnt everything...

for an 8 they are beast... the ONE that i have right now walked all over my 15 in l7 on 1000 watts, and the sa8 is only on 550... this proves that displacement isnt everything...
Dude that's crazy! Makin' me regret my decision now. What kind of box you have it in? Are you getting the v2's for the next 3?

it's in a .9 cu ft box net tuned to 40hz.... gotta watch the low lows, but it is a beast.... and I think that ill stick with the v1 just because the v2 have different parameters and I dont know what mixing them would do in my box.... I also had a "pound off" at school today... went up against 4 dual 12's and that little 8 just destroyed them.... I was told by the dual owner that I "cheated"....

DUALS! FTW! Lol! How'd you cheat? Have a couple 15's hidden somewhere? Why do high school and college guys like Walmart crap? Not a good place for car audio. The place I get my shampoo and toilet paper at is not the place where I should get my subwoofers or amps! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

his setup is 4 dual 12's in two separate sealed boxes with one run of ten guage from his batt to his sony x plod amp... and he tries to tell me that my atomic apxx 18 is junk and that the jlw7 is the best woofer in the world.... he also tries to tell me that the enclosure doenst matter at all and that I should just throw my subs in any old box.... ohh and according to one of his buddies the most common way that subs are blown is when people underpower them... I tried to explain to him that it was clipping that destroys subs because all of them crank their gains all of the way up.. he told me that I dont know anything about car audio and that I just buy expensive stuff and think that it is good.... I buy expensive stuff because it IS good... noobz..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.