Speaker cracking and static noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

adam68

Newbie here. Put a Pioneer DEh-single DIN in my Mustang. The Turner and XM work great. When I use the Cd and or the USB, I get static or cracking sounds through the speakers.

I noted that the radio will operate w/o the blk ground wire attached as the unit grounds to the dash

This sound is not heard when engine is off and key on. Suggestions and or settings on the radio to try. Does that HPF option work for this?

Thx

Alot of pioneer heard units need to be regrounded either on the rcas or a short one to any metal piece that's connected to the frame and the vehicle and the head unit itself

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.