What would be better then 2 kicker 41l7122

You're just gonna do whatever you want anyway so why bother coming to an audio forum asking us for our help/suggestions?

Of course there's better subs out there that will blow those Kickers to ****. You still fail to understand it takes space to make more bass, which your trunk limits you.

I swear if he says he's running 2 l7 12's in his next reply again imma go off....we already know what the fk your running.....

Yes the trunk is very small I actually have 212s in it now plus a 5 gallon air tank with compressor for the  train horn so it is pretty small.  That being said I can get about 1.25 ft.³ per sub. I’m also not trying to enter any competitions I was just seeing if there was a better sub out there for my application.  I know there’s a lot of negative things about kicker online but I’ve had two subs in an amp for over eight years now in my daily drivers  and never had a problem that’s why I got that amp  i’m going to a place this week to see if they could make a box for that to sundown 12 inch Nsv4 and I’ll just get another one of the amps I just bought. I’m only .25 cubic foot off of what they recommend  for a ported box  
you only have space for two 10s or two 8s or a single 12. No wonder you arent hitting hard.  Your current subs need 2x to 2.25x that airspace to get any kind of real output. I'd get a DC audio XL 12 and put it in a proper ported box and it should destroy your current setup with your current amp.

A real big boy upgrade is a sundown team 12 plus a taramps md 8000.1

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/sundown-audio-team-subwoofer-12-5000w-rms-subwoofer.html

https://www.ebay.com/i/233012647028?chn=ps

use the leftover money on a properly designed ported enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're just gonna do whatever you want anyway so why bother coming to an audio forum asking us for our help/suggestions?

Of course there's better subs out there that will blow those Kickers to ****. You still fail to understand it takes space to make more bass, which your trunk limits you.

I swear if he says he's running 2 l7 12's in his next reply again imma go off....we already know what the fk your running.....
Do you read the post? I don’t have l7 and I am going with sundown subs. But I came here because I thought there were people that would know more about this. Did not know I was going to have to jump throw hoops to get my ? Answered I thought I gave you everything you needed to know what car, my budget, what amp I wanted to use. And that I would  have a custom box built for the sub. But it worked because I found the sundown subs on here. Glad I could aggravate you though

They only need One cubic foot for a sealed enclosure 
you will get absolutely nowhere with a sealed enclosure if loud is the goal.

single 10 in a properly built ported box will destroy a pair of 12s in a sealed.  Not sure what your definition of loud is but ours is breaking windshields, making hair fly and crushing internal organs which is all above 150 db. Sealed will not get you any of that, you'll be lucky to break 138 db with sealed in an altima.

Last edited by a moderator:
you will get absolutely nowhere with a sealed enclosure if loud is the goal.

single 10 in a properly built ported box will destroy a pair of 12s in a sealed.  Not sure what your definition of loud is but ours is breaking windshields, making hair fly and crushing internal organs which is all above 150 db. Sealed will not get you any of that, you'll be lucky to break 138 db with sealed in an altima.
 You’re right I guess I should’ve put a number on what I wanted. I know my 2 l5 at 1200 rms did over 130  but that’s as high as the meter that I had went . when I put the system in the car I knew the limitations of the car there’s no way I could fit a ported box and still  have room for everything else I want. I didn’t think I would get 150 DB in that car  unless I purpose built it for that, but it’s a daily driver I just want  something louder than I have now. I know my system now makes the rearview mirror of the car shake next to me. I have an appointment with the car audio shop to look at the car to see if they could build a ported box for the sundown subs. For just the woodbox I’m getting quotes from 250 to 500 is that about average?

You’re right I guess I should’ve put a number on what I wanted. I know my 2 l5 at 1200 rms did over 130  but that’s as high as the meter that I had went . when I put the system in the car I knew the limitations of the car there’s no way I could fit a ported box and still  have room for everything else I want. I didn’t think I would get 150 DB in that car  unless I purpose built it for that, but it’s a daily driver I just want  something louder than I have now. I know my system now makes the rearview mirror of the car shake next to me. I have an appointment with the car audio shop to look at the car to see if they could build a ported box for the sundown subs. For just the woodbox I’m getting quotes from 250 to 500 is that about average?
a bit high, should be 200-300 fully painted etc.. You actually want to go down to a single beefy 12 ported over sealed setups if you want some real loudness. 

I talk to the audio place over the phone And thats what he said too. Maybe I will just go with one sundown 12. he was also Talking about taking out my rear deck lid speakers and porting in the box into the car.  I’m happy I found the nsv4 on here it  definitely looks like a much better sub. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.