What would be better then 2 kicker 41l7122

Why do i have to  go through all this just to get a name of a Sub everybody wants to chime in But no one’s actually giving me names of subs That will be louder than the L7 q class using a 2400 rms amp

I have 1000 watt and 2 l5 12 inch now  don’t know why that matters.  Because I’m asking what would be the loudest so I can run with a new 2400 watt amp. I pick this amp because of this size I do not have room for a bigger one. 

Also can someone tell me how I capacitor limits voltage to the amp? 
You want to continue staying an ignorant uneducated noob that thinks sub brands and types are what gets you louder vs actual sh*t that gets you loud. The real method of getting loud. Because what you are doing is switching subs like underwear and you wont get sh*t for results because you dont understand what it takes or what it means to get loud. You got a whole forum trying to educate you on what actually gets you loud but maybe out of ignorance. Actual factors like enclosure design, car resonant frequency, car shape, car electrical, amplifier power and subwoofer TS/electromechanical parameters and how that works and interacts with the rest of those factors to get actual loud, hairtrick, soul crushing bass. Otherwise you'll just be another average joe not even breaking 140db that spent a fk ton of money while someone else using cheaper sh*ttier **** stomps all over your system because they know how to actually get loud.    Again its not the subs that get you loud, its all the factors we already listed and if you choose to remain blind to that, then you know best bud go buy some L7s.  I already listed the big boy shops that carry all the brands of subs that are way more powerful motors, sturdy and better design for deep bass and overall sound quality Just pick whatever is in your budget and go.  However if you buy a big boy sub and dont give it big boy power, it wont be any louder than your l5s. These subs are in the 2000-5000 rms range.  If you have that much money for subs alone, you should buy a big boy amp as well and spend less on the subs.

What’s the point in asking questions if you don’t listen to what people have to say?

There are so many factors that would play a role in “what two 12s would be louder than my current two 12s”. 

You want a quick answer. Buy some Sundown SA series. 

Sell that 2400. Buy a Taramps md8000 and two Sundown U 12s.  Ditch the capacitor. 
But that’s the mistake everybody keeps talking about my current set up my current set up is only 1000 W amp that does 1100 rms And I only have L5 the only reason I was looking at the l7 is because have the box and if they’re just going to be one of the loudest out there is it really worth getting a new box? Or are there much better subs out there. I ordered a kicker kxa 2400.1 amp but if there is better let me know I have 00 awg run to the amp now so I will get any amp it just needs to be under 20x9 x3. 

Will the sundown be that much louder? 

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_127791_Kicker-KXA2400.1-44KXA24001.html     

Dayum lol feel sorry for you knowing you prob overpaid for an amp!! You're literally asking questions that have already been answered. You want louder/more bass, it's pretty obvious your also gonna need a new box built. Welcome to car audio. But.....with that trunk again, your limited on space. It's not gonna get any louder unless you removed the backseat and expand your internal area.

Sundown zv5 15" and build a new ported box.  If you get a better amp, get a Sundown Nightshade V4 12" x2 and put them on an 8k amp.  Youll need new HO alternator and 2-3 runs of 1/0 etc. etc. 

Better amp you say?  Well for 1k, you could get an Orion 8k amp that dynos for 9-10k at 1ohm.   

3F cap?  that's pretty much worthless.  Cap banks now days are 500-1000 Farads.  

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_127791_Kicker-KXA2400.1-44KXA24001.html     

Dayum lol feel sorry for you knowing you prob overpaid for an amp!! You're literally asking questions that have already been answered. You want louder/more bass, it's pretty obvious your also gonna need a new box built. Welcome to car audio. But.....with that trunk again, your limited on space. It's not gonna get any louder unless you removed the backseat and expand your internal area.
Ouch 2400w for 1000 dollars?  And its kicker brand, like what the hell is going on. 

I think it's kickers version of an epicenter plus wireless remote. Probably fun to play with or a good way for someone who doesn't know wtf they're doing to f up some subs. It is expensive 

I think it's kickers version of an epicenter plus wireless remote. Probably fun to play with or a good way for someone who doesn't know wtf they're doing to f up some subs. It is expensive 
Couldn't find exact amp dyno but all the ones is seen like the 1200 version only did 880 watts at 1ohm lol. 

Yes the trunk is very small I actually have 212s in it now plus a 5 gallon air tank with compressor for the  train horn so it is pretty small.  That being said I can get about 1.25 ft.³ per sub. I’m also not trying to enter any competitions I was just seeing if there was a better sub out there for my application.  I know there’s a lot of negative things about kicker online but I’ve had two subs in an amp for over eight years now in my daily drivers  and never had a problem that’s why I got that amp  i’m going to a place this week to see if they could make a box for that to sundown 12 inch Nsv4 and I’ll just get another one of the amps I just bought. I’m only .25 cubic foot off of what they recommend  for a ported box  

imo id get two Dayton h.o. 10's but that's a just me or for a little bit more ultimax 10's. they get loud and require fairly small amt of airspace, only thing equivalent that do well in small enclosures is JL Audio w6's but that's a lot $

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.