What was your worst car audio mistake ...

Reusing the 4ga that was in my truck when i got it because i was too lazy to run my 0ga. filled the truck with smoke and burned the rubber under my carpet when the 125a fuse didnt blow but i ripped the wire out of the fuse holder before the fire spread

first system.

kenwood head unit

boss 850 watt mono block

2 12in MTX 4000 subs

pioneer 6.5 speakers up front off of HU

eclipce 6X9s rear speakers off of HU

eight gauge wire

between the ages of 15-18

1. Paying $400 for sony xplode 15's from a local car audio shop

2. I bought two Boshwick 12's and put them in a prefabed bandpass which use to house two legacy 12's and powered them with a mtx road gear 2 channel amp.

3. When the original kicker solobarics came out I ordered them from crutchfield along with a profile clarus mono block.

well it was pretty stupid considering i should have known better by this time..i had a lanzar vibe 1800d n the power, ground , n remote were marked on the bottom of the terminals and on the top of the terminals one side said power so just assuming without looking a the bottom i put my power wire where it said power on top which was actually the ground terminal and the power into my ground n blew all the fuses in the amp before i even used the thing ..but luckly i put new fuses in and it worked fine...but def the stupidest thing ive done

worst thing for me was i was helping a friend troubleshoot his system and ended up blowing a brand new kenwood amp cause we accidentaly switched the ground/power.
And I was a fial at car audio??? This thread makes me feel so much better to see how all of the guys who talk all the smack **** up, and all I did was touch a pos on a battery.

Let my dad try and tune my amp...
resulted in two blown DD 9510's

that was a bad day.
I was tuning my Son's 4 channel amp and blew his 5.25 comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

New ones on the way, now hoping the crossovers and tweeters aren't toast also.

Funny thing was, I was pissed as siht and he was all calm about it. I didnt blow the 6.75's on the other channel and since he could still bump he didnt care. That boy confuses me sometimes.

Buying and installing a powered Bazooka bass tube in my Wife's ride. Waste of time and money and sounded like crap. That wound up as dumpster food pretty quick.

Leaving a pair of Rockford 15" T1's sitting on my desk and still hooked to my amplifier after testing them ( used purchase). My 12 yr old thought it would be fun to put a marble on one of the cones and watch it bounce around on the cone while he played them for a friend. Now I have one flawless cone and one with 50 small dents in it. Looks like hell but at least it plays.

I was tuning my Son's 4 channel amp and blew his 5.25 comps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gifNew ones on the way, now hoping the crossovers and tweeters aren't toast also.

Funny thing was, I was pissed as siht and he was all calm about it. I didnt blow the 6.75's on the other channel and since he could still bump he didnt care ...
Two reasons: He could still bump ... and you were payin'!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

When I bought my first stereo item.........because that ignited the sickness that put me in much debt from over the years...............to this day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

When I bought my first stereo item.........because that ignited the sickness that put me in much debt from over the years...............to this day. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
I second that:crap: I think its becoming a real problem ...I cant save money worth s#*t and my fiance is giving me hell about it!!!

I second that:crap: I think its becoming a real problem ...I cant save money worth s#*t and my fiance is giving me hell about it!!!
Well until you go bankrupt over it, then tell me about real problems, lol! Well okay, it was more involved over just the stereo, but that was a huge reason, lol! Hell I had over 5k in one car in just audio. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

This was sometime ago, so I have since learned my ways to be more responsible for my monies..........but now it goes to the kids....so still fawking broke!

I have 2 grand in my woofers along , had them for almost a year now and they haven't made a single note yet haha ...I bought them before going to Korea. Hell I haven't even seen most of the stuff in my sig yet:( I will get to see it all in 18 days though:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.