SQ from IPOD through AUX RCA Inputs

joshpoints
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm thinking about getting an ipod touch, but my panasonic deck doesn't have a usb input.

My deck has an rca auxillary input. Will the ipod send out some kind of standard signal level to the deck preventing the need to play with the volume control on the ipod? My question is will the ipod sound good using this type of input. My main concern is the signal level. Back when I had a portable personal cd player and did this it required adjusting the volume control on the cd unit to prevent distortion.

Thanks.

I would think that your Panasonic will be like most AUX inputs and you will need to either crank-up the volume of you iPod or your radio. I've found that iPods usually have enough range to be usable (just don't go to max). Many mp3 players are almost unusable out of the headphone jack and need some type of preamp. Give it a try and if you need to boost the volume so that you don't need to change the volume of your iPod you can always get a small preamp (~$25).

For better sound quality you will need to use the USB out or a docking station with a line output. One major advantage is that they ususally provide charging as well, but they cost more.

I have a panasonic cqrx400u (for sale, pm me if your interested)

it has an aux and usb on the front of it, the usb defiantly sounds better, and charges it as well.

I use aux in with ipod volume at max, if i don't do max volume i go down 4 clicks to about 3/4 on ipod and i get my volume on hu up to 25 rather than 20 and to me it sounds exactly the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.