What was your worst car audio mistake ...

I have 2 grand in my woofers along , had them for almost a year now and they haven't made a single note yet haha ...I bought them before going to Korea. Hell I haven't even seen most of the stuff in my sig yet:( I will get to see it all in 18 days though:)
Reminds me when I bought my Kove u-2 Armagedon subs when they first came out and retailed for over 1100 a piece.........I paid 700 for them and thought I was out of my mind, lawl! Now they can be had for like 200 used, lol! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

You have some super duty SPL shiznit in your sig.

Good luck!

havent really made any real bad decisions except not crimping my wire good enough so it made a bad connection with my old amp...melted the connectors off the board. but it was a cheap amp anyway that I didnt really want. I guess my stupidest mistake i ever made happened yesterday when I wanted to win this amp on ebay and I could of just let it go and got another version of the same amp for 30-40 bucks cheaper. But I was being thirsty.....

I don't think I've made any major mistakes... I've recently made a stupid mistake with forgetting to install a cooling fan on an amp's driver. I was running it for durability testing, it worked fine on resistor testing, but when I tested it on a sub, I walked away due to a phone call, leaving the amp running, but with no input. (REM on) Well, from there, the fan finally completely died and stopped spinning, the audio side bridge driver died, forcing the negative side rail to the sub to ground, blowing one of the fets into a short. From there, it started to roast the sub, for about 2-3 minutes with about 1.5kW of DC power. Meaning no cooling, other than the reset the amp did when it detected the output to be biased and went into protect for a couple mS, but it started the cycle all over again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I was unhappy, I had to replace the fets, and replace the negative side driving transistor on the driver. I already had the fets. A $0.04 part is disabling the amp.

I don't think I've made any major mistakes... I've recently made a stupid mistake with forgetting to install a cooling fan on an amp's driver. I was running it for durability testing, it worked fine on resistor testing, but when I tested it on a sub, I walked away due to a phone call, leaving the amp running, but with no input. (REM on) Well, from there, the fan finally completely died and stopped spinning, the audio side bridge driver died, forcing the negative side rail to the sub to ground, blowing one of the fets into a short. From there, it started to roast the sub, for about 2-3 minutes with about 1.5kW of DC power. Meaning no cooling, other than the reset the amp did when it detected the output to be biased and went into protect for a couple mS, but it started the cycle all over again. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I was unhappy, I had to replace the fets, and replace the negative side driving transistor on the driver. I already had the fets. A $0.04 part is disabling the amp.
Wow that's bad was the flux capacitor alright though?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Buying EHSQ8's when they went on clearance for $5.

Buying Livewires because they were only $25.

Selling an SAZ1500 for $240 picked up because of a little cosmetic damage.

Having everything necessary to run 4 12" Type R's on 2 SAZ1500's besides a box... and not building the box just to know how loud it would have been.

Thinking that a LNIB 9512G for $350 shipped could be a legit deal on here. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.