What subwoofers for the rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp

you gave dimensions already of 26 x 42 x 30 depth. The box design i had is less than that.

no thats no where near enough airspace, you are strangling the subs. What i posted was the absolute minimum for the subs to get loud

For that amount of space you can only do two 15s.
could i do a box that wasn't square? like have the bottom plate be 30 in deep and the top plate be 26.5 in deep? then i could have 24 in tall and 40.5 in wide.

ok so say i could live without my back seats, they fold down flat, then i know i have enough room. say goodbye to taking 5 ppl anywhere...what if i wanted to fold down only one seat and have an L shaped box. Can you even have an L shaped box and not fck with the sound waves?

but i don't think i have enough air space for 2 18's with a square box. how do you calculate air space anyways?
take whatever measurements you took, multiply all together, then divide by 1728 will equal your gross cu ft before any wood thickness, port and sub displacement.

take whatever measurements you took, multiply all together, then divide by 1728 will equal your gross cu ft before any wood thickness, port and sub displacement.
so I'm getting 11.65 gross cubic feet with the big square box design, soundqubed website calls for just under 16 cubic ft, jeffs design calls for 14.8 cubic ft...if i do the slanted i get 12.624 cubic feet for a sealed box

so I'm getting 11.65 gross cubic feet with the big square box design, soundqubed website calls for just under 16 cubic ft, jeffs design calls for 14.8 cubic ft...if i do the slanted i get 12.624 cubic feet for a sealed box
gross cubic feet doesnt matter, NET cubic feet matters. My design calls for a double baffle and A LOT of bracing because those 18s move a lot of air and the box will build up a lot of internal pressure. The port itself takes up airspace as well as the subs. Subtract all those displacements and you barely have anything left for the subs to use as proper amounts of airspace.

Dont even bother thinking of doing sealed those woofers werent meant for any kind of sealed box ever.

gross cubic feet doesnt matter, NET cubic feet matters. My design calls for a double baffle and A LOT of bracing because those 18s move a lot of air and the box will build up a lot of internal pressure. The port itself takes up airspace as well as the subs. Subtract all those displacements and you barely have anything left for the subs to use as proper amounts of airspace.
Dont even bother thinking of doing sealed those woofers werent meant for any kind of sealed box ever.
ok so can i put one seat down and have a box slid in long ways...dimensions could be 48 inch long, 23 inch wide and up to 26.5 in tall but 21 inch tall would be ideal to not lose rearview mirror....im getting 16.9 cubic ft gross not net.....can you have two subs just on one side of the car?

ok so can i put one seat down and have a box slid in long ways...dimensions could be 48 inch long, 23 inch wide and up to 26.5 in tall but 21 inch tall would be ideal to not lose rearview mirror....im getting 16.9 cubic ft gross not net.....can you have two subs just on one side of the car?
yes you can have the subs on one side

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.