What subwoofers for the rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp

just got off the phone with soundqubed and they said each sub needs 5.5 cubic feet net, so maybe i actually can fit a square or trapezoid box in my trunk area.
see my original design, its 11 cubes net with a 10 inch sonotube, its designed right around your power and specifically for the sub. Figure out how to get at least 13.5-14 cubes gross and we will have something to work with, you'll end up around 11 cubes net.

see my original design, its 11 cubes net with a 10 inch sonotube, its designed right around your power and specifically for the sub. Figure out how to get at least 13.5-14 cubes gross and we will have something to work with, you'll end up around 11 cubes net.
how much clearance should i have between sub and car roof, and how much clearance between port and lift gate?

how much clearance should i have between sub and car roof, and how much clearance between port and lift gate?
ok so i can fold one seat down and fit a box that is 46 inches deep, 23 inches wide and 26 inches tall. factoring in a wall thickness of .75 inch I'm getting a gross cubic ft value of exactly 13.56503

will that work?

around 5 to 10 inches on the tail gate. The subs clearance doesnt matter, the port is all that matters in this particular alignment.
so ive been watching vids of those subs, they are LOUD...only one concern though, one guy's 4runner was getting destroyed by the amount of flex they were producing. is there any type of box design that would help reduce flex on the cars panels? like bigger port?

so ive been watching vids of those subs, they are LOUD...only one concern though, one guy's 4runner was getting destroyed by the amount of flex they were producing. is there any type of box design that would help reduce flex on the cars panels? like bigger port?
Nope its basshead issues that anyone thats loud will have to deal with. You can put deadener and foam around both the plastic and sheet metal panels to lower vibration along with decoupling surfaces with foam tape or spray foam to prevent rattle but thats all you can do.

Only other way is to build a wall but there's no going back after that.

Nope its basshead issues that anyone thats loud will have to deal with. You can put deadener and foam around both the plastic and sheet metal panels to lower vibration along with decoupling surfaces with foam tape or spray foam to prevent rattle but thats all you can do.
Only other way is to build a wall but there's no going back after that.
ya ive been trying to find info on walls and car flex but no such luck, how come a wall doesn't cause car flex? I'm gonna do a box, was just curious at how walls stop or help with car flex.

ya ive been trying to find info on walls and car flex but no such luck, how come a wall doesn't cause car flex? I'm gonna do a box, was just curious at how walls stop or help with car flex.
walls only stop rear tailgate flex, all your flex transfers to the front though lol. I did it because all my tail lights kept dying within several minutes of bumping but mines is a cheap sienna so take that into factor. Infinity is much more solidly built.

walls only stop rear tailgate flex, all your flex transfers to the front though lol. I did it because all my tail lights kept dying within several minutes of bumping but mines is a cheap sienna so take that into factor. Infinity is much more solidly built.
ok so ill probably start building the box soon, although amp wont be here until end of month lol. how do you recommend me designing it? am i aiming for something like this but with the two subs centered on the baffle?

ZHuRAmz.jpg

ok so ill probably start building the box soon, although amp wont be here until end of month lol. how do you recommend me designing it? am i aiming for something like this but with the two subs centered on the baffle?

ZHuRAmz.jpg
since its a straight shot box, just position the subwoofers in a way where they are not right on top of the inner port mouth opening. AKA just get the subs as far away from the interior port mouth as possible, note i said Interior. being close to the exterior port mouth is completely fine.

since its a straight shot box, just position the subwoofers in a way where they are not right on top of the inner port mouth opening. AKA just get the subs as far away from the interior port mouth as possible, note i said Interior. being close to the exterior port mouth is completely fine.
ok and you said 1 or 2 ports? 10 inch in diameter? length?

Lmk what you finally decide on...I sketchup something for ya at no charge.
wow thank you, where at in WA do you live, I'm in Oregon and id pay you to make the box lol. but my max dimensions are a box of 46*23*26. getting a gross volume of 15.91 cubic ft with those dimensions and my subs call for roughly 5.5-6 cubic feet net per sub. here is what i was thinking but i would appreciate a sketchup from you if you got time.

IOPViLp.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.