What subwoofers for the rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp

i'd say just go down to 15s man lol. That L shape will cause wierd loading issues.
already ordered 18's ): worst case scenario i would just do the long box on one side, i was just trying to save my rearview mirror. i cant find anything online about L shaped boxes.

already ordered 18's ): worst case scenario i would just do the long box on one side, i was just trying to save my rearview mirror. i cant find anything online about L shaped boxes.
because its a dumb idea that no one does because they all know what kind of issues it causes acoustically inside of the box.

Example of an L-shaped enclosure

NzQShzr.jpg

i was thinking more on the lines of this?
7auY8xH.png
The placement of the subs for your picture is not optimal at all it will cause uneven port loading which will cause some compression, port noise and one sub to be more stressed then the other. Not only do you lose out on output, you are going to damage one sub easier than the other.

To remedy this, the design has to look like this.

zPGrF7.jpg

Awesome thread, in 23hrs this dude went from in debt to a box store with some run of the mill, sub par performing stuff. To being Fooooking LOUD! Jeffdachef you are a good dude.

The placement of the subs for your picture is not optimal at all it will cause uneven port loading which will cause some compression, port noise and one sub to be more stressed then the other. Not only do you lose out on output, you are going to damage one sub easier than the other.
To remedy this, the design has to look like this.

zPGrF7.jpg
now remember i am a noob at this stuff, but most of my research says the port should face the same way as the subs in MOST applications, don't know if that's 100% true or not. and just to clarify, if I'm building a "L" shaped box where each leg of the "L" is identical, and the port is exactly centered, how is one sub working harder than the other?

i'd say just go down to 15s man lol. That L shape will cause wierd loading issues.
just got off the phone with soundqubed and they said each sub needs 5.5 cubic feet net, so maybe i actually can fit a square or trapezoid box in my trunk area.

now remember i am a noob at this stuff, but most of my research says the port should face the same way as the subs in MOST applications, don't know if that's 100% true or not. and just to clarify, if I'm building a "L" shaped box where each leg of the "L" is identical, and the port is exactly centered, how is one sub working harder than the other?
Its different for every vehicle, some likes side port, some likes same facing port, some prefer walled off, and for SUVs most of the times its sup firing up, port back for the best results, its not something you know unless you are competing. Most people that write that kind of outdated knowledge have half @ssed beginner information and never heard a 145 db in their life let alone a 150.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.