Pioneer mic for setting auto eq and ta

Participant count
  • Participant list

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
I ended up picking one of the pioneer mic's to do to the auto ta and eq's I heard mixed reviews so I figured id give it a shot. Anyway I hooked it up it made its adjustments and it honestly did sound better and the imaging was noticeably better. Unfortunately it whacked out my crossover points. I am pleased with how it sounds but I am concerned about how high it set the mid LPF. I haven't gotten much seat time with these new crossover points to decide if they really are better but do they sound to high to you guys. It also set the mids hpf way to low which I have already changed. The tweeters are massive ct-2 and mids ate crescendo pwx.

bOaWfKv.jpg
[/img]

2d2WxwV.jpg
[/img]

I have heard of this issue when I was checking on some reviews from other people and it seems that you are locked into the settings the auto eq provides and can not adjust them? I do understand you could then copy those settings into a personal one but I had read on a review that you lose time alignment though by doing that which makes no sense to me.

I have heard of this issue when I was checking on some reviews from other people and it seems that you are locked into the settings the auto eq provides and can not adjust them? I do understand you could then copy those settings into a personal one but I had read on a review that you lose time alignment though by doing that which makes no sense to me.
I can adjust all my crossover points and time alignment. I feel like it also adjusts the eq but when I check the eq it shows flat. I heard it adjusts it but doesnt show the settings but I can not confirm that. I just didnt know if that crossover point was way to high regardless of how it sounds to me. I ended up dropping it down to 4k already and the mid hpf to 80. Another interesting thing is after using the mic it turned my sub wayyy down somehow and I cant figure out what it turned down so I can turn it back up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.