What subwoofers for the rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp

[quote name='cparker2591']what does D2 mean, and I'm new to all this ohm stuff. if i get those skars then do i have to run my amp in 2 ohm mode instead of 1?[/QUOTE]

half ohm. 2 ohm is for pussies @BOOMINGRANDPA lol
If you want to stay 1 ohm i'd stick with the HDC3 18s, its a better sub.

This is my old hdc3 18s setup, still on relatively low power trying to loosen up the suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwrq6oWtmQ

They will be very close. With two D2 18s your wiring options are 2 ohms and 0.5 ohms you cannot achieve 1 ohm. The dual 4 ohm option is when you get the wiring option of 4 ohms or 1 ohm for two D4 18s however that option is unavailable right now on amazon.
If you want to stay 1 ohm i'd stick with the HDC3 18s, its a better sub.

This is my old hdc3 18s setup, still on relatively low power trying to loosen up the suspension.

"You can wire two of these in parallel/parallel and get a 1 ohm load, but 1 ohm stable is a term used when buying amps." can you clarify this reviewers statement on those skars please. thank you in advance.

"You can wire two of these in parallel/parallel and get a 1 ohm load, but 1 ohm stable is a term used when buying amps." can you clarify this reviewers statement on those skars please. thank you in advance.
thats only for two dual 4 ohm subs.

this pic should explain better. These are your wiring options.

D2

c580TL.jpg

D4

IGgBF9.jpg

2 batteries should work...that other guy is high as a kite if he thinks HO alts are cheap.
The mechman 270 amp alt for his ininity fx35 is $450 shipped, an OEM alternator for my honda s2000 is a little over $300, so its not that much more expensive than stock. the guy who said up to $1200 is the one who is high...

this hobby is expensive if you keep changing **** all the time, but if you decide on something and use it for a few years its a pretty decent return on investment if you ask me...

The mechman 270 amp alt for his ininity fx35 is $450 shipped, an OEM alternator for my honda s2000 is a little over $300, so its not that much more expensive than stock. the guy who said up to $1200 is the one who is high...this hobby is expensive if you keep changing **** all the time, but if you decide on something and use it for a few years its a pretty decent return on investment if you ask me...
not high, its legit a custom made 500 amp alt from dc power that my buddy who is in team alphard ordered. You are out of touch with the times lol.

Again, you can always add it later. You wont run into any problems setting your gains right, you wont lose out on money trying to re-upgrade subs and amps later too. Its just a much smarter way to upgrade vs wasting all your money on an alternator and only being able to afford low tier subs and amps. Makes absolutely no sense.

thats only for two dual 4 ohm subs.
this pic should explain better. These are your wiring options.

c580TL.jpg

IGgBF9.jpg
i don't see an option to run that wolfram at .5 ohm....but if it can, wouldn't that draw even more power from my cars electrical system? and correct me if I'm wrong, but the lower the ohm rating the better the bass? so i wanna shoot for either 1 ohm or .5 ohm?

i don't see an option to run that wolfram at .5 ohm....but if it can, wouldn't that draw even more power from my cars electrical system? and correct me if I'm wrong, but the lower the ohm rating the better the bass? so i wanna shoot for either 1 ohm or .5 ohm?
lower ohms more power, more current draw please read post #50 i already explained all of this

Just get the HDC3s instead of the skar and keep at 1 ohm. half ohm is very taxing on your electrical.

The mechman 270 amp alt for his ininity fx35 is $450 shipped, an OEM alternator for my honda s2000 is a little over $300, so its not that much more expensive than stock. the guy who said up to $1200 is the one who is high...this hobby is expensive if you keep changing **** all the time, but if you decide on something and use it for a few years its a pretty decent return on investment if you ask me...
Lol look around fella before you talk **** on here. Calling out the most knowledgable person on this forum is just plain dumb.

lower ohms more power, more current draw please read post #50 i already explained all of this
Just get the HDC3s instead of the skar and keep at 1 ohm. half ohm is very taxing on your electrical.
ok i reread post #50 sorry, i always ask too many questions than necessary, one of my many flaws lol....so if i want 1 ohm my options are either the two skar dual 4ohm's if it becomes available, 2 of the HDC3's or one big death penalty....thank you guys again for all the help.

not high, its legit a custom made 500 amp alt from dc power that my buddy who is in team alphard ordered. You are out of touch with the times lol.
Again, you can always add it later. You wont run into any problems setting your gains right, you wont lose out on money trying to re-upgrade subs and amps later too. Its just a much smarter way to upgrade vs wasting all your money on an alternator and only being able to afford low tier subs and amps. Makes absolutely no sense.
i was referring to general high output alternators, not custom 500 amp alternators, and i guess i'm out of touch because i'm into sound quality, not just how loud i can get. but who doesn't love bass right?

Lol look around fella before you talk **** on here. Calling out the most knowledgable person on this forum is just plain dumb.
all i was stating is that your average high output alternator is nowhere near $1200. and i think i was correct in saying that.

all i was stating is that your average high output alternator is nowhere near $1200. and i think i was correct in saying that.
Jeff stated a ballpark figure for HO alts in the 500-1200 range..., 1200 being the most expensive alt, in case you missed it, he's not wrong. And I believe him, being in this car audio a long time. As I stated before, goo look at some of the most popular brands of HO alts, CES, DC Power, Singer, Excessive Amperage, etc etc....you want an alt that will last you a long time, not 6 months later on down the road. You also stated 300 for an OEM alt vs 450 for a aftermarket one....That's a 1/3 of a difference between the 2. I would not call neither cheap. If you must say cheap, then you must make a lot of $$ for a living. Nothing is cheap anymore. I don't know where you got that concept from.

I disagree. So instead of adding an amp to the electrical and call it good, chances are you or him in this case will have lights dimming. He will be robbing voltage from his alt to the amp. That said, most cases the big 3 solves that issue. Next comes a better battery if he doesn't have one already....preferably an agm. I just got my Tahoe a new battery not long ago. Screw those auto parts places. 80 bucks new, Interstate...cannot beat that. And if he chooses to, and when he gets bigger amp/subs whatever then HO alt is in need. I would def suggest CES, OP for an alt.
how u get interstate for $80? they $200 here..

hey just got off phone with wolfram and they recommended not to run the amp below 2 ohm on my stock electrical setup. if i have those HDC3's which are 1 ohm can i still run my amp on 2 ohm?

hey just got off phone with wolfram and they recommended not to run the amp below 2 ohm on my stock electrical setup. if i have those HDC3's which are 1 ohm can i still run my amp on 2 ohm?
so u do have the subs and again are the subs dual 2 ohm coils or dual 4 ohm coils? if d4 then u gotta stay at 1 ohm set gain low if d2 coils u can wire each sub to 4 ohms and amp will get 2 ohm load..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.