What subwoofers for the rockford fosgate t1500-1bdcp

110 amps on the stock alternator....that wolfram audio that has 3000 rms is on sale for freakin 360 bucks....
yeah you'll want that 2nd battery and go with the wolfram. The twisted sounds 2.8k is actually 3985 watts and a 2nd battery wont cut it.

The wolfram and this 90lb monster will do pretty well. The 2500 watt rating is a joke, you can throw a 5000 watt amp on it and it wont break a sweat.

Judge 21 Incriminator Audio 21" 2500W Judge Series - SSA STORE

That is if that 1500 dollar budget is for subs and amps alone.

However if that 1500 is for subs, amps and box, then you'll probably need to downsize to this sub

Death Penalty-21 D1 Incriminator Audio 21" 1500W Dual 1-Ohm Death Penalty Series

BTW thats where the big boys shop.

This will actually get pictures to fall off walls as you drive by instead of just thumping..

yeah you'll want that 2nd battery and go with the wolfram. The twisted sounds 2.8k is actually 3985 watts and a 2nd battery wont cut it.
The wolfram and this 90lb monster will do pretty well. The 2500 watt rating is a joke, you can throw a 5000 watt amp on it and it wont break a sweat.

Judge 21 Incriminator Audio 21" 2500W Judge Series - SSA STORE

That is if that 1500 dollar budget is for subs and amps alone.

However if that 1500 is for subs, amps and box, then you'll probably need to downsize to this sub

Death Penalty-21 D1 Incriminator Audio 21" 1500W Dual 1-Ohm Death Penalty Series

BTW thats where the big boys shop.
just read this on a review on the death penalty 21 " I've scared people out of my truck with this thing, "....pretty sure that's what I'm aiming for lmao. so i get the wolfram amp which can do 3000 rms and that one 21 inch death penalty that has 2000 rms....so I'm at 1060 bucks, all that is left is a box correct? and wires/fuses and such. would 3 15's or even just 2 12's be louder than that death penalty? sorry for the noob questions, ill learn

3000 watts will destroy his **** alternator!

If you just want something that thumps good, buy a pair of decent 15's or 18's and run 1500-2000 watts with an extra battery. But even 2000 watts is pushing it on a stock electrical system. Personally I would stick to around 1500 watts. A pair of good 15's or 18's in the right enclosure can get LOUD.

just read this on a review on the death penalty 21 " I've scared people out of my truck with this thing, "....pretty sure that's what I'm aiming for lmao. so i get the wolfram amp which can do 3000 rms and that one 21 inch death penalty that has 2000 rms....so I'm at 1060 bucks, all that is left is a box correct? and wires/fuses and such. would 3 15's or even just 2 12's be louder than that death penalty? sorry for the noob questions, ill learn
two 12s will not be louder, thats way less cone area, take that out of the equation completely lol. 6 12s then we talk. three 15s has more cone area however you'll be using much weaker 15s with less cone area and MUCH weaker motorforce so the cone area doesn't really give any advantage to three 15s and it'll cost the same as the 21 but gives you less motorforce. If you do four 15s then yeah it'll be louder than the 21 however it'll cost a lot more.

two 12s will not be louder, thats way less cone area, take that out of the equation completely lol. 6 12s then we talk. three 15s has more cone area however you'll be using much weaker 15s with less cone area and MUCH weaker motorforce so the cone area doesn't really give any advantage to three 15s and it'll cost the same as the 21 but gives you less motorforce. If you do four 15s then yeah it'll be louder than the 21 however it'll cost a lot more.
i do like the idea of more trunk space, ill get that with just one 21'' sub correct? does the extra weight affect mpg much? my first setup was a 600 watt exile and two exile 12's, i thought that bumped lol. I'm hoping to have to tighten my lug nutz every weekend with my next setup. so ill most likely get the wolfram and one big *** woofer, just need to know if my car can handle it with only doing the big 3 and 2nd battery, what you think?

3000 watts will destroy his **** alternator!If you just want something that thumps good, buy a pair of decent 15's or 18's and run 1500-2000 watts with an extra battery. But even 2000 watts is pushing it on a stock electrical system. Personally I would stick to around 1500 watts. A pair of good 15's or 18's in the right enclosure can get LOUD.
not really, i've had an inefficient 2400.1 + 100 x 4 on a stock 80 amp alt for several years with no issues at all on my old setup. Even now my buddy has a 3k amp on a stock jeep alt with big 3 and agm in the front and group 31 in the back, does not drop under 13.5 when power is clean.

Just because its a 3k amp doesnt mean you are drawing 3k worth of current. With box rise, you are getting A LOT less power around 2.5 ohms to 4 ohms power range depending on frequency along with music being dynamic meaning its very short bursts as well with varying impedance. All that added together means, you arent even drawing anywhere near any kind of power and current you are expecting on paper. Real world current draw is vastly different from outdated guidelines, anyone that's ever clamped their amps would know this and depending on the car, you can run a lot more than most people would expect on a lot less.

i do like the idea of more trunk space, ill get that with just one 21'' sub correct? does the extra weight affect mpg much? my first setup was a 600 watt exile and two exile 12's, i thought that bumped lol. I'm hoping to have to tighten my lug nutz every weekend with my next setup. so ill most likely get the wolfram and one big *** woofer, just need to know if my car can handle it with only doing the big 3 and 2nd battery, what you think?
get a good agm battery and make sure you have good grounds, Install a voltmeter, set your gains to make sure you are staying above 12.6 volts and you should not have any electrical problems. Make sure you get a good box design or know someone that actually knows how to get you loud. Most conventional brick and mortar shops focusing only on jl, alpine and rockford subs wont know how to build a loud box at all for a sub of this magnitude. The enclosure design is very important. Mess that up and this will all be a waste of money.

get a good agm battery and make sure you have good grounds, Install a voltmeter, set your gains to make sure you are staying above 12.6 volts and you should not have any electrical problems. Make sure you get a good box design or know someone that actually knows how to get you loud. Most conventional brick and mortar shops focusing only on jl, alpine and rockford subs wont know how to build a loud box at all for a sub of this magnitude. The enclosure design is very important. Mess that up and this will all be a waste of money.
how would i know if the shop will make a box good or not? are there any prefab boxes designed specifically for that death penalty u think?

how would i know if the shop will make a box good or not? are there any prefab boxes designed specifically for that death penalty u think?
no prefab will get you any kind of good results. Generally ask for pictures of their work and if their clients compete in spl and what kind of "TERMLAB Magnum" numbers they are pulling. Notice I emphasized termlab magnum because whatever 150 db car they thought they built 20 years ago metered by an old school meter would only get about 142db in today's measurement standards.

With this setup you should be breaking 150 db which is enough to hurt most people that get in your car and make them tap out.

The setup should at least move this much air... this is the 21 DP on 2.6k watts. Enclosure design will be key. No prefabs, no old fashioned out of date brick and mortar shops. You need a shop thats in the know and is active in the competition scene that really knows their sh*t. If they carry sundown, dc, digital designs etc... that raises their chance of being legit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.