What subs hit harder then jlw3 for under $100?

Retrofuture30

CarAudio.com Recruit
Have a single jlw3 12 on a power acoustic 650rms amp at half gain in ported box. The subs sounds clean, quality, and gets low but it dont hit hard like i see some ppl on youtube videos. Even at volume 20 out of 35. You dont even hear the bass from Outside the car

Any recommendations of a single 12 sub under $100 would be better?

Lol. No way in hell im paying 300 for a sub that can possibly blow. The bass is good, just not....loud like videos i see online. Unless they have they gain maxxed on full blast

A sub Won’t typically blow on correct, clean unclipped power and right box. Why does it matter what it sounds like outside your car if you’re in the car.

Less ideal option is guessing a sub for your guessed prefab . Optimal solution is box built to specs of the sub you decide. a new sub in same box same power will be likely marginal improvement

Have a single jlw3 12 on a power acoustic 650rms amp at half gain in ported box. The subs sounds clean, quality, and gets low but it dont hit hard like i see some ppl on youtube videos. Even at volume 20 out of 35. You dont even hear the bass from Outside the car

Any recommendations of a single 12 sub under $100 would be better?
No Bull ****... this sub in a 10" version hit louder and lower than my Punch P2D2 12" I would imagine the 12" version is quite the beast as well and it is less than $100 with free shipping on the bay of E's Mind you he had his 10 on a very nice Old School Soundstream amp.

Follow this link ---------------------> Sub Link

I'm willing to bet part of your problem is that power acoustik amp. They other part is most likely the box. But at the end of they day it's still only a w3. So you can only expect so much from it.

But I would change the amp and the box before I swapped with a $100 sub

I'm willing to bet part of your problem is that power acoustik amp. They other part is most likely the box. But at the end of they day it's still only a w3. So you can only expect so much from it.

But I would change the amp and the box before I swapped with a $100 sub
The amp have good reviews all over internet and youtube. They say its 2400watts but really 650rms on dynos. Do you suggest a kicker compr as better? After a bigger box?

Swapping subs into a prefab box will get you nowhere.

A shitty $20 sub with a custom designed and built box will hit harder than a W3 in a generic prefab with unknown volume and tuning.

Listen to the advice others have given you. The box is the source of your problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.