what subs and amp should i get for a system to really boom?

Tylerloves420
10+ year member

Right now i got a phantom 1500 watt amp...dont know to much else about it but ill post pics. Also have 2 12" powerbass subs, so i was wondering if my wirings bad or i just have a junk amp and sub ( wouldnt suprise i got em really cheap) but the subs arent as loud as they should be ive been in a car with two kicker 12" subs and it sounded and felt like fireworks going off into your chest but it sounded great, mine is about five times quieter so if my things are bad can you guys recommend some good subs, amps, and radio if thats what i need, i got about 600.

Here some pics

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2777928431

Last edited by a moderator:
amps doest put out 1500w maybe half of that. i cant tell much about the powerbass subs with out seeing the back of them but a nice ported box tuned low is normally a safe bet for the lower line powerbass. 2xl on down except the s&l lines those are nice i a good sealed box but still better in ported. the 3xl is designed to be ported at a higher frequency kinda like digital design's subs.

The enclosure is equally as important as the woofer and should be designed for use with the particular woofer you have chosen.

Deciding which enclosure(s) and woofer(s) are best for you can be a task all of it's own, but size constraints of the vehicle, knowledge of Thiele - Small parameters, and understanding the inherent sound characteristics of different enclosure designs will help you decide.

All enclosures should be constructed of at least 5/8'' - 1'' MDF (medium density fiberboard) or material of comparable rigidity or better. Bracing should be used throughout the enclosures as needed to prevent any loss of energy due to flexing.

There are many types and variations of enclosures.

• Second Order / Infinite Baffle / Free Air

• Typical Rear Deck Installation/Infinite Baffle/Free

• Back Seat Installation

• Small Deck Installation

• Second Order/Acoustic Suspension/Sealed Enclosures

• Sealed

• Isobaric - Sealed

• Isobaric - Sealed (Compound Loading)

• Isobaric - Sealed (Back to Back)

• Isobaric - Sealed (Planar Loading)

• Fourth Order / Bass Reflex & Bandpass Enclosures

• Fourth Order / Bass Reflex

• Isobaric - Bass Reflex

• Isobaric - Bass Reflex (Compound Loading)

• Bass Reflex - Passive Radiator

• Isobaric Bass Reflex - Passive Radiator

• Single Reflex - Band Pass

• Isobaric Single Reflex Bandpass

• Three Chamber Single Reflex Bandpass

• Isobaric Three Chamber Single Reflex Bandpass

• Sixth Order Enclosures

• Quasi Sixth Order Series-Tuned Bandpass

• Isobaric Quasi Sixth Order Series-Tuned Bandpass

• Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Isobaric Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Three Chamber Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Isobaric Three Chamber Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Eighth Order Enclosures

• Quasi Eighth Order Series-Tuned Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Isobaric Quasi Eighth Order Series-Tuned Dual Reflex Bandpass

• Eighth Order Triple Reflex Bandpass

• Isobaric Eighth Order Triple Reflex Bandpass

Well i just played with all the setting and i got it to sound real nice, but it more like vibrates more then booms, you can feel it but it seems like it doesnt go low enough and ive realized when my volume is down the subs almost sound better then when turned up loud.

because when turned up ,you are getting a clipping signal ,or distortion.which means you either have the amps gains way too high or just that the amp will not produce the power you want ,thats why you have to turn the volume up so much.and again if you want boom go ported

because when turned up ,you are getting a clipping signal ,or distorttion.which means you either have the amos gains way too high or just that the amp will not produce the power you want ,thats why you have to turn the volume up so much.and again if you want boom go ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.