Amp for 4 ohm svc subs

Tiptopss

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hi, looking for a bit of info on an amp. I have 2, 10 inch pioneer subs rated at 800 watts each or 400 rms watts each. I'd like to find an amp that will put 300 Rms watts to each sub. Would my best bet be to wire my 4 ohm single voice subs in parallel to make it 2 ohms? If so what kind of amp would you recommend? A monoblock class D amp? Thanks

It'd be better to wire them to 2ohms and run them off a monoblock...what kind of budget you looking at for them...there's amps anywhere from $150-700+ price wise...

I run a 2 k and the 150.4 and are great thus far. I know that the 1k would work fine but a few $s extra and you have a little head room and a little more power on tap @1 ohm if you decide to upgrade later. These amps ar strapable also. Great budget amps and work horses

Last edited:
I have a pioneer HU with 4 gauge power and ground wire. I currently am running 2, 10 inch subs on a kenwood kac-929 2 channel amp. That amp is sending 150 x 2 rms to each sub at 4 ohms. I don't think I can wire my svc subs in parallel for 2 ohms and run that setup bridged. It however says 230 x 2 rms at 2 oms but I don't think it will work for me. I'd spend around 300 dollars for a decent amp. Maybe a sundown amp?

Tons of good amps that put out ~800-1000rms at 2 ohms.

So on a monoblock amp you have 4 speaker wire connections? 2 connections side by side is positive and the other 2 that are side by side are negative? If I wire my subs parallel and only have 2 wires coming off my subs where do I attach them? Does it matter? Or wire them like a bridged connection?

So if the Amp I bought says 500 x 1 rms at 2 ohms, does that mean it will put 500 rms to each sub? Or would that be cut in half to 250 rms? Sorry for the non understanding as I'm not use to monoblock amps and 2 ohm loads. I always just ran 4 ohm subs on 2 channel amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...