Will this amp work with 2 12" subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

ScootyBoomBoom

CarAudio.com Newbie
A family member passed and I was allowed to take what I wanted from their garage.
I found 2 Kenwood 12" subwoofers in a sealed enclosure. (2 x KFC-W3514DVC 380w RMS 1500w max 4 Ohm+ 4 Ohm Dual Voice Coils) They don't appear to have any damage but they are a bit dirty. They also appear to be set in Parellel 2 Ohm mode.
I also found a Kenwood KAC-8152D 1100w 300w@4 Ohm and 550w@2 Ohm. It's seen better days. Missing terminal screws. and each plate on top is missing a screw and has a crooked stripped screw stuck in it. If I can get them off what should I look for inside to know if the internals have been modified?
The subs and amp probably went together at some point in time though I found them in different areas.
I just would like to know if those would work well together and what gauge power and ground cables I should use.
Thanks in advance.

Unless you are a tech, don't mess around with anything inside the amp. Given the way in which the family member (RIP) left the unit, likely they were not the most technically inclined either. If you have to spend $40.00 or more just to have someone look at it, means that the amount to repair it would be twice that to do anything. If that is the case just get something like this.

Amazon product ASIN B0BMVXC6HZ
If the Kenwood amp is usable by just getting the correct set screws, great. Those subs are pretty basic units but they are very efficient and will work pretty good on that 500 watt Kenwood or the Stinger 700 watt amp listed.

Last edited:
You said the subs are dual 4 ohm. Keep in mind that this means you have to wire them in series/parallel which will give you 4 ohms.

Yes, the amp will work with them and for free I would hook it up and go with it. You can always upgrade later, a little bit at a time. Bass is better than no bass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...