What Size Box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joel M
10+ year member

Just a Kid
I am building a sealed box for my PG RSD10 and want to know how big I should build. As of right now, I am planning on these dimensions:

SubBox.jpg

(Vol: 1.134 Cubic Feet)

Also, could I safely build this box ported with the same dimensions?

I am building a sealed box for my PG RSD10 and want to know how big I should build. As of right now, I am planning on these dimensions:
SubBox.jpg

(Vol: 1.134 Cubic Feet)

Also, could I safely build this box ported with the same dimensions?
That's going to be a large box for that sub, will it work, yes. When you start talking ported boxes though, that is a whole different ballgame. What you get when you calculate a sealed enclosure, will be nowhere near what you will get once you start doing ports.

The volume of that box isn't 1.13cu, it's more like 0.74cu and that's before sub displacement. You calculate volume by internal dimensions, not external.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.