What should my crossovers be set out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Grimy_One
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
So I have a 12" iDMax sealed in the optimal enclosure. It hits real hard, especially for only throwing 600 watts rms at it. I am curious, though, what the crossover should be set at. I have the low crossover @ 80Hz and the subsonic (high crossover) @10Hz. I feel like I am missing some low end, though. My amp knob is messed up on the high crossover section, (I have the new Leviathan II), so I am going to meet Stephen Mantz in a couple weeks to have it fixed. I am not sure if this has something to do with it. I just feel on some songs, which I listen to a lot of rap, it is missing some of the low notes. Maybe around the 30Hz and lower area, sorry not really good at listening to frequencies, (I am just guessing). Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

The sub xover depends on your front stage.

The point is to blend the subs with the mids.

Try moving the xover higher than 80hz, it sounds like you might have a hole in the response where the mids arent putting out much near your current xover point.

If you're missing bass in the lower frequencies (like 30 hz), you might want to try a port enclosure, or a t-line. Sealed boxes usually don't reproduce lower frequencies very well, I don't think it has anything to do with your crossovers.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

I mean ported enclosure.

Thanks for the responses guys. I will try that, and yea I think ported may be what I need to do. I love sealed, but the extra SPL would be nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.