what is the best amp for Kickers L5s 10"

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rickster_1823

I have a Kenwood KAC-9104D class D mono Amp (1800 Watt). I am using this to power 2 L5 Kiccker 4 Ohm subs. i wired them down to 1 ohm but there is a note that is listed on the amps description, see below.

500 Watts @ 4 ohms

900 Watts @ 2 ohms

•1-ohm stable (output regulated to 900 watts)

I feel like the subs are not loud enough.They are peak 450 RMS / 900 Peak so when i run them at 1 OHM do each get the 450 watts from the 900 that the amp delivers?

do i need a more power full amp instead? what if i would like to add a samller sub in the front rear seat? what is recommended to power all subs?

I have a Kenwood KAC-9104D class D mono Amp (1800 Watt). I am using this to power 2 L5 Kiccker 4 Ohm subs. i wired them down to 1 ohm but there is a note that is listed on the amps description, see below.
500 Watts @ 4 ohms

900 Watts @ 2 ohms

I feel like the subs are not loud enough.They are peak 450 RMS / 900 Peak so when i run them at 1 OHM do each get the 450 watts from the 900 that the amp delivers?

do i need a more power full amp instead? what if i would like to add a samller sub in the front rear seat? what is recommended to power all subs?
If you wire two subs to one channel the power is divided between the two, so they should share that 900W output.

Adding another sub elsewhere in the vehicle is going to cause cancellation issues and might actually make things quieter. Make sure the subs aren't wired out of phase.

500 Watts @ 4 ohms

900 Watts @ 2 ohms

If you use a cookie cutter box. Dont expect to get anything out of your subs. They are struggling to breath.

i have 2 separate boxes because i use my trunk a lot (Dimensions: Width 16-1/2" x Height 12-1/4" x Depth 14-1/2"), i am able to remove them with ease outside the trunk and they are ported single boxes.

both of these are wired to the same place behind the amp. Being that it is a Mono amp it should not make a difference right? since there is not any other channels.

sorrie folks, i am a noobie.

when i crank the bass all the way up on the bass remote (not the stereo) the subs die and come back on constantly. i am assuming becasue i am pushing too much power? i switched the fuses to a higher capacity since they kept going out but, that did not help.

i went to an auto shop and they told me my amp is a POS and that my subs are barely being woken up lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.