what is best single 12" around $200

mixer4x

This is my wants: 1 12" ported, not sealed. Power handling up too around 700rms at 2 ohms or 200-400rms at 4ohms based on my current amp(hifonics brz1200.1d) I'd prefer not 1ohm as I feel my electrical is not up to par even with the big3.

Currently using alpine type r 12" 2nd gen at 2ohm in 1.5cube at 36hz and is decent. My main goal is to find something that has the best musical sub in my ported box (2cubic at 32hz) or my I can use my alpine box. Spl is not a concern, but I like ported better than sealed.

I am considering a single Sa-12 d4 because I always hear good things. My question is... is there a different sub that I should get instead? Budget is to try not to go over $200 for just the sub.

I really considered the jbl w12gti, but its way too pricey at $300+.

This is my wants: 1 12" ported, not sealed. Power handling up too around 700rms at 2 ohms or 200-400rms at 4ohms based on my current amp(hifonics brz1200.1d) I'd prefer not 1ohm as I feel my electrical is not up to par even with the big3.
Currently using alpine type r 12" 2nd gen at 2ohm in 1.5cube at 36hz and is decent. My main goal is to find something that has the best musical sub in my ported box (2cubic at 32hz) or my I can use my alpine box. Spl is not a concern, but I like ported better than sealed.

I am considering a single Sa-12 d4 because I always hear good things. My question is... is there a different sub that I should get instead? Budget is to try not to go over $200 for just the sub.

I really considered the jbl w12gti, but its way too pricey at $300+.
If you're sticking with 2 ohm, the SA is a good choice. You'd probably be fine dropping down to 1 ohm, though, how big is your stock alternator?

My friend runs his sp4 18 with a hifonics brutus elite 2500 down to 1 ohm on stock electrical and hes been running this amp PLUS a 4 channel plus 5 tvs all on stock lead acid battery, and crappy *** "1/0" gauge wire. Believe me youll be fine with 1000rms at 1 ohm.

My friend runs his sp4 18 with a hifonics brutus elite 2500 down to 1 ohm on stock electrical and hes been running this amp PLUS a 4 channel plus 5 tvs all on stock lead acid battery, and crappy *** "1/0" gauge wire. Believe me youll be fine with 1000rms at 1 ohm.
Either his gains are extremely low with a stupid efficient enclosure or his stock alt is a beast. I dont see that setup keeping above 12 volts on ACTUAL full tilt at all. My zcon 12 on a brx 2400 and a 4 channel with the big 3 done and stock battery dipped to 11.7V and the alt is 130 amps. Cant really see his setup lasting more then half a year without some major electrical/equipment meltdowns or alternator failures.

Wgti is really sweet. You should be able to pick one up for closer to your budget if you shop used.

Someone had a TC2000 12" on here recently. I can vouch for that as a good sub (shouldn't spend much more than 200$ on that)

Yes, there is a used wgti but the guy is over an hour away and is posting for $200. Is the American bass xfl an spl sub? I thought I went to their site, but shows that they only sell from authorized dealers and not online. Currently have no info on dealers and no pricing either.

If you're sticking with 2 ohm, the SA is a good choice. You'd probably be fine dropping down to 1 ohm, though, how big is your stock alternator?
Im not sure how big my stock alt is. But I can say that I notice a small loss in volume at 2ohms on my bass from my alpine R when my air condition is on. I don't have any dimming of lights, but I can probably guess that it may not be too far from it if my bass drops a little already. So I kinda wanted to stick to 700watts or less just to not stress the electrical too much.

[quote name='mixer4x']Yes, there is a used wgti but the guy is over an hour away and is posting for $200. Is the American bass xfl an spl sub? I thought I went to their site, but shows that they only sell from authorized dealers and not online. Currently have no info on dealers and no pricing either.[/QUOTE]
@mylows10 ; sells American Bass

Did you try the type r in the 2 cube box? U may be suprised.

Otherwise the eminence lab 12, peerless xxxls, or dayton ho , titanic, or ht. Hertz makes a **** good sub but they are out of you price range.

Memphis m class would do well as well as the c3. The sundown is awesome as in the ia lethal injection and ssa gcon. Really its a flip of the coin.

Did you try the type r in the 2 cube box? U may be suprised.
Otherwise the eminence lab 12, peerless xxxls, or dayton ho , titanic, or ht. Hertz makes a **** good sub but they are out of you price range.

Memphis m class would do well as well as the c3. The sundown is awesome as in the ia lethal injection and ssa gcon. Really its a flip of the coin.
Yes, I did try the R in the 2 cube box. In my opinion, it was actually too boomy. Not punchy at all compared to it being in the 1.5 cube box. Don't forget, this is the 2nd gen type r (swr-1242d), which I think had a recommended 1.7 cube ported and 1.3 net. This is why I was curious and asking if some of these other subs being recommended was more musical and punchy (as much as can be without sealed boxes) than the type R. Otherwise, if people don't think its too different, then I guess changing subs would seem like a waste of money.

Either his gains are extremely low with a stupid efficient enclosure or his stock alt is a beast. I dont see that setup keeping above 12 volts on ACTUAL full tilt at all. My zcon 12 on a brx 2400 and a 4 channel with the big 3 done and stock battery dipped to 11.7V and the alt is 130 amps. Cant really see his setup lasting more then half a year without some major electrical/equipment meltdowns or alternator failures.
what does this consist of??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.