what has gotten RID of YOUR alt whine?

Your right Grinder, it won't FIX the problem. But it can isolate it. Then he will know where the problem comes from. I'm not saying it's 100% foolproof, but it's worth a shot after 5 months of trying to fix it. Good luck robertoyoung.

when saying alt whine does yours sound like a blower and get louder as you go faster or rev the car.Thats my problem but knowthing is hooked up right now.My rcas are hooked into the hu but other end has nothing on it.

when saying alt whine does yours sound like a blower and get louder as you go faster or rev the car.Thats my problem but knowthing is hooked up right now.My rcas are hooked into the hu but other end has nothing on it.
yeah exactly my problem. well idk exactly when and when the problem is NOT there. tomorrow im going to try everything i can. its saturday and my only day off. hopefully il be able to figure it out.

today i think i figured out that i get the noise when my amp is powered up, wheher or not it has any rcas or anything hooked up to it. which is weird. makes me think its the speaker wires taht are picking up noise on their own

Your right Grinder, it won't FIX the problem. But it can isolate it. Then he will know where the problem comes from. I'm not saying it's 100% foolproof, but it's worth a shot after 5 months of trying to fix it. Good luck robertoyoung.
yeah over five ****ing months. i go on and off with trying to fix it cus it gets so **** annoying trying **** and then failing, but ****, its more annoying having the engine noise. ive slowly worked my way back, crossing out problems that might be, but tomorrow il really try.

I hate to say it but try a cap, it might work just fine considering the only thing its good for is being a noise filter.
lol i do have a cap. i have a tsunami installed, only hooked it up cus i figured id use the distribution block on it and then voltage mete, but ive had it on since i first did the install, and ive had the engine noise since then. =(

That's not going to fix it. Try grounding a piece of wire to your RCA's shields and then ground that wire to the amp ground. There's a chance it will fix the whine and there's a chance it won't. It's worth a shot though. LOCS ****.
il try grounding my rcas at the amp ground, also worth a try. but as i said, i think as long as my amp powers up, im getting the alt noise. could be a messed up amp? or maybe my amp ground is no good? but i regrounded my amp to where i used to have my sub amp grounded, and my mono amp was always fine.

Weak battery or bad doide in your alternator can cause this, running amp gains too high, poor grounds (on anything), or sometimes just faulty equipment. Some say a bad spark plug can do it too.

Normally it is poor grounds of something (hence the term ground loop)

Weak battery or bad doide in your alternator can cause this, running amp gains too high, poor grounds (on anything), or sometimes just faulty equipment. Some say a bad spark plug can do it too.
Normally it is poor grounds of something (hence the term ground loop)
this is seriously ****ing horrible. if so many things can be a factor in alt whine then theres so much higher possibility of anyone getting engine whine and less chance for me to fix it. battery is new, and i recently replaced it.. ive had the noise before the new battery and after new battery, so its not the battery. il try to set gains lower, but that'll probably just hide the alt whine cus it wont amplify it as loudly. alt and spark plugs could be, but like i said, stuff like that would make it a huge hassle to get rid of alt whine for anyone.

lol yeah i read your response on someone else's alt whine thread.

it was probably because it was your power wire carrying the noise and then your second battery in the back filtered it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.